Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

would you shoot a weanling (fawn)

yes - it makes for good eating and doesn't hurt the herd's survival rates
45%
yes - but I'd want to make sure it was a doe
7%
no - only a starving person would even think of it
21%
no - I wouldn't, but I have no problem with someone else killing one.
27%

Total votes: 96

ch312

Re: POLL - are fawns fair game?

Post by ch312 »

who cares what your buddies think about your deer?

why do some feel obligated to shoot only large or trophy deer?

do people really care about the cost per pound?

a deer with spots is safe, but once they're gone it's game on?

some would feel bad about bagging a fawn, but it's ok to shoot their ma or pa?

do what makes you happy and don't give a rats behind about what other people think :wink: :wink: :wink:
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

deerhunter0430 wrote:hey mark marine: everyone in the armed forces in my mind is a HERO.. and thank you for your service...
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the Wind.......
strider23

Post by strider23 »

MarkMarine wrote: This year I bought another ground blind though :oops:
Mark, I feel bad for buying that Rhino XP-1 blind from you last fall. :( But I have to say that it is the best blind that I've ever laid my hands on (owned or demoed). By the way what brand of blind did you pick up this year?

Most importantly though, from one vet to another you are a hero and are always welcomed at my house. :D
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

Strider, I could not afford the Rhino, so I found a lower priced summit (I had purchased a $49 one, but the poles were broken when I took it out of the chinese box). I completely agree about the blind you have - it is a good one (and us folks over 6' don't feel cramped). I wish you the best and appreciate the invite. Perhaps someday my ship will come in and I can afford the fuel to head out and meet some of these fine folks. However, I do not even have the wherewithal to visit Vixen - and she is in the same state I am LOL

Until then, Semper fi

Mark
gab

Post by gab »

Where I live on Vancouver Island there are too many deer. It is near impossible to grow a garden without fencing it. Yes, I would and have harvested fawns. They are great eating - just not much meet.
gab

Post by gab »

Harvested a fawn this morning. My first Xbow kill. I have been hunting hard since the start of archery season on August 25th, saw many deer (including a big 4 X 4 buck), but this was the only one I was able to get close enough for a shot. First saw it at 50 yards, stalked to within 30 yards and let the arrow fly. The boltcutter did its job. Where I hunt on Vancouver Island we are allowed one antlerless (including fawns) and one antlered. Now to focus on the 4 X 4
wabi

Post by wabi »

gab wrote:Harvested a fawn this morning. My first Xbow kill. I have been hunting hard since the start of archery season on August 25th, saw many deer (including a big 4 X 4 buck), but this was the only one I was able to get close enough for a shot. First saw it at 50 yards, stalked to within 30 yards and let the arrow fly. The boltcutter did its job. Where I hunt on Vancouver Island we are allowed one antlerless (including fawns) and one antlered. Now to focus on the 4 X 4

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
It should make for some good eating!
wabi
ONEOFAKIND

Post by ONEOFAKIND »

I took out mom and the kid. I butchered them together. When I made a stew, you could tell if it was mom or the kid when eating. The kid was the best. I hunt state land here in Michigan. If it's brown it's down. :mrgreen:
Exocet 200, Groundpounder mount, Lumizone, Ruger super redhawk 454 casull