Have you noticed ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LongCarbine

Have you noticed ?

Post by LongCarbine »

The guys & gals in this forum put in alot of work and field time on their crossbows , tuning the broadheads playing with all sorts of fleching and arrow weights ,strings , scopes, sights , stands ,targets and everything else need to
BOWhunt. Then could someone please tell me why ,[at least in my state ] Crossbow users are treated like they carry the plauge ? It seams like we do all the same things the REAL bowhunters do . Please I really don't understand .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
agingcrossbower

Re: Have you noticed ?

Post by agingcrossbower »

Its not meant to be understood. They have an ego problem. Same thing happened when compounds stepped on the recurve hunters toes. All about selfish ego. Don't waste your time thinking about it. :roll: :wink:
lscha

Post by lscha »

I really feel for the Wisconsin folks. Michigan was there. We notice it a lot less since inclusion. The haters either turn to hating other things or they embrace the crossbow as archery. Anyway, we very seldom have to put up with opposition any more. I really think that education is the key. Too many of the vertical bow shooters had misconceptions and most admit it.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

You need to get Laura to move to your state she reeducated every one here in Michigan.
Thank you once again Laura.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

gerald strine wrote:You need to get Laura to move to your state she reeducated every one here in Michigan.
Thank you once again Laura.
Well, Laura's state will be getting my lic.$ , since Wi. dosn't want it.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

lscha wrote:I really feel for the Wisconsin folks. Michigan was there. We notice it a lot less since inclusion. The haters either turn to hating other things or they embrace the crossbow as archery. Anyway, we very seldom have to put up with opposition any more. I really think that education is the key. Too many of the vertical bow shooters had misconceptions and most admit it.
Thanks Laura, it really sucks. :( I just stopped listening to them. I do not care what there opinion is at all.
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

I agree with what Aging and Laura said. I will go one step further, for those Bow-ONLY persons, education would best be served by having me (and some of my combat disabled veteran brothers) come and and be living, breathing, behavioral modifiers as to the necessity of crossbows for many.

Are the DAV to be denied equal hunting access to privileges only because we're wounded/physically disabled? Who are they to judge any? Who are they to deny me the right to hunt in the archery season?

Funny, I do not remember that as part of my Oath of Enlistment. Let's see, The Oath of Enlistment:

"I, Mark Timothy Cunningham, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

No, I do not see in there where it says if I become disabled as a direct result of fulfilling such an Oath I will be denied rights granted to those who did not serve or were not injured as a result of their service. It is not a matter of bows vs crossbows, it is a matter of Right vs wrong.

They are wrong.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

MarkMarine wrote:I agree with what Aging and Laura said. I will go one step further, for those Bow-ONLY persons, education would best be served by having me (and some of my combat disabled veteran brothers) come and and be living, breathing, behavioral modifiers as to the necessity of crossbows for many.

Are the DAV to be denied equal hunting access to privileges only because we're wounded/physically disabled? Who are they to judge any? Who are they to deny me the right to hunt in the archery season?

Funny, I do not remember that as part of my Oath of Enlistment. Let's see, The Oath of Enlistment:

"I, Mark Timothy Cunningham, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

No, I do not see in there where it says if I become disabled as a direct result of fulfilling such an Oath I will be denied rights granted to those who did not serve or were not injured as a result of their service. It is not a matter of bows vs crossbows, it is a matter of Right vs wrong.

They are wrong.
let them put that in thier pipe & smoke it 8) 8)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

Well said Mark! Greed and ignorance is a powerful thing and often must die with those who harbor it. Just look at segregation/race prejudice. It didn't go way with the laws. But it is fading away with those SOBs that imposed their will on others. Even though we here in Ontario live in crossbow friendly legislation there are far too many that still argue the right for us to be in the woods. Like the Dodo, they'll eventually become extinct. That makes me happy!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

what will all them sob's do when they can't pull that compound back and hold it................give up bow hunting !!!! nada-dam-chance :lol:
they be pick'n upa crossbow........seen it here and have heard it everwhere.

glad i graduated before i had too :mrgreen:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
strum

Post by strum »

Boo wrote: Like the Dodo, they'll eventually become extinct. That makes me happy!
that my theory too..I have learned when i run into those
"hard to get along with" types on the job or even in church that usualy ill out last em..they come and go
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Boo

Post by Boo »

Come on boys, don't be too hard on the ones that come here because they can't pull back the "he-man's" bow any more. Stop and think about how many guys come here saying that they are here because of an accident or because they hurt themselves or whatever. I've never said a thing and I won't start.
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

Boo wrote:Come on boys, don't be too hard on the ones that come here because they can't pull back the "he-man's" bow any more. Stop and think about how many guys come here saying that they are here because of an accident or because they hurt themselves or whatever. I've never said a thing and I won't start.
hehehehehehe... i'll never say a word either 8)
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
Boo

Post by Boo »

gendoc wrote:
Boo wrote:Come on boys, don't be too hard on the ones that come here because they can't pull back the "he-man's" bow any more. Stop and think about how many guys come here saying that they are here because of an accident or because they hurt themselves or whatever. I've never said a thing and I won't start.
hehehehehehe... i'll never say a word either 8)
But the thought does cross my mind! :lol: :lol: :lol: