Cost of Deer Hunting!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Cost of Deer Hunting!

Post by vixenmaster »

As the yrs have rolled on by, my cost has slowly fallen. Lic. 6 Tags/Free, this yr equipment costs/Free Bow cost/Free. Cost of LB of venison $0.00. My cost on all the mentioned was paid fer prior to this yr & i have purchased nothing this yr. So how goes it with the rest of y'all ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
onebigskittle

Re: Cost of Deer Hunting!

Post by onebigskittle »

Only about 500.00 for me this year but i dont look at it like its all for hunting because i enjoy target shooting as well and since the Excalibur crossbows hold up in value its like saving in one way and money is something i cant save.Looking to spend another 100.00 easy
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

My georgia sportsman license which cover's everything but the federal duck stamp...$56.00, combo hunting/fishing pass on the military base i hunt...$85.00, archery qualification card for the base...$5.00, look's like i'm $146.00 in the hole just to hunt...then add all the "wants" not "needs" !!!! :mrgreen: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
G Spot

Post by G Spot »

Brand new Exomax..$900.00, extra arrows...$50.00, Broadheads....$30.00, License...$35.00, new cammo clothes....$200.00; sitting in the bush in my ground blind away from the wife....priceless!!!!!!
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

free labor
seed costs $80
shoot'n house maintenance.... my son owns a cabinet shop,
so material is free scrap.
free labor
diesel fuel for tractor.. $500 for all year. thats counting irrigation pump fuel...
free labor
corn for atractant....free from farm
sweet taters.....free from farm
free labor
gate and fence maintenance....free
gotta portable welder and free labor
feeder maintenace... $50 for all 8
free labor.......

lottsa other stuff, but not worth type'n

so all in all, i break even :shock: its worth it
:mrgreen:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

G Spot wrote: sitting in the bush in my ground blind away from the wife....priceless!!!!!!
:lol:
strum

Post by strum »

I keep thinking every year that ive got all i need so im done .I have made it a few years with very little new gear but last sept i got my first excal and i been spending money every month since. :lol: not the excals fault i just been trying different things and learning as i go..its not all for hunting as i target shoot a lot and its my out from the grinds of work..if i tried to total it up and figger cost per lb of meat it would be a crazy no.
but i cant see it that way . my wife and i were at a Zaxbys last week and it was so loud in there . they had 3 tvs going and music on the loudspeakers and people talking over it all.. at that moment i told my wife i would take the peace of my treestand over this any day of the week..so for me hunting is priceless :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Its a hobby that may pay off with meat for the family. Thats the way I look at it. A relaxing hobby able to get the blood flowing at the mere sight of a deer at any moment, and you end up with something in return. How many hobbies can you say that about? Not to mention the traditions and the camaraderie. Deer hunting to me is priceless.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

if it can be taken by.. +bow, rifle, shotgun, handgun, bb/pellet gun, slingshot, knife, trap, rod & reel, cane pole, jug, trot-line, cast net, gill net or gig......
and it can be ate....its priceless :mrgreen:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
strum

Post by strum »

i think one shot, gen doc and me need a dictsonery :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

If I hunt this year it would be expensive Gave my last two crossbows to my son and grand daughter so if I want to hunt I would have to buy another crossbow. That's not anywhere in the budget . So cost this year is zero $
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
liketoshoot

Post by liketoshoot »

The opportunity to sit in a stand with the sounds and smells of the woods in the fall with all the beauty that God has made for us is priceless...

I pray for our military and thank them for our freedom as well...
shoot more and shoot more often
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

I hope deer huntin never cost what it,s worth, I could,nt do it then..I have a new to me exocet 200 on its way, hopeing it will be here tomorrow..420, planted a small plot of peas a few weeks ago..50..another winter patch to plant in about a month..150..license..32..corn is thru the roof at 11.00 for 50lb and will probably go higher..so I,m fixin to order 2 feeder mechinisms..65..my lease was ..200..not countin the 10pt cb last year that the exocet will make an orphan this year :)I,m fixed for bh,s..but need a couple pair of camo bibs to replace my thread bare old ones..70..and now I gotta have one of Boo,s strings :D ..whew, I,m mighty proud my wife don,t read this forum
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Wow.... The cost of the lease(everything in Texas is leased land just about,no freebie places to hunt),the price of corn through the roof,price of gas through the roof,maintain four wheeler,repairs on cabin(new shower) CRAP my calculator just fried!!!!
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

new exomax $900 plus i know i paid to much! but any way boltcutters $60.00and just bought deer and turkey tags $60.00.and that's it hunt out of my back door. no gas and i cut up my own critters. :D