My Equinox Laid Me Out!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Time-N-Flight

My Equinox Laid Me Out!

Post by Time-N-Flight »

Well Just got back home from the Hospital,where I spent 3 Days in Intensive Care,recovering from a Heart Attack! I think the hardest part of the whole ordeal was lying in that dam bed.When did I notice that I was having a Heart Attack? Right after Cocking my Equinox! It is not what caused it! I cant pull,jump,run,or anything for 2 weeks till my Femorial Artery Clots ! Oh well, I guess I have plenty of time to shoot some more, after that!
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
UTG Law Inforcement Rings
Munch Mount
sumner4991

Re: My Equinox Laid Me Out!

Post by sumner4991 »

Wow . . .hope all goes well during your recovery. Heart attacks seem to be going around lately. Take care of yourself!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
deerhunter0430

Post by deerhunter0430 »

Hope all goes well !!!
2010 equinox,groundpounder,boo string.S5,100 gr grim reapers
michaelrbauer

Post by michaelrbauer »

Don't let it discourage you. 6 years ago I had triple bypass surgery and had a valve replaced. 15 weeks later I was gun hunting and pulled the trigger 6 time result 6 deer. for the last 4 years I walk 5 miles 6 days a week.
best of luck in your recovery.
Vortex, Lumiscope, 100 gr spitfires
43.11 N 88.22 W
timlynne

Post by timlynne »

Call me stupid but why would you want clots anywhere especially in a large vein?
Micro 335
Micro Suppressor 355
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

The clot he is talking about keeps him from bleeding out ...musta been to the cath lab ...Good luck to ya partner ....i been their and been on transplant list ....stay bust it fights off depression and keeps ya strong ....i know ya dont know me but if ya need anything or just to talk let me know ...im here for support
Time-N-Flight

Post by Time-N-Flight »

Yea Skittle is correct.If the Plug would come out of my Artery,I would be in a Bad Situation.Was told by the Doctor, Without direct pressure, I would bleed out, in a little over a minute.I think Ill Listen! :lol:
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
Munch Mount
Legnip

Post by Legnip »

Time-N-Flight wrote:Yea Skittle is correct.If the Plug would come out of my Artery,I would be in a Bad Situation.Was told by the Doctor, Without direct pressure, I would bleed out, in a little over a minute.I think Ill Listen! :lol:
You are a smart man to listen. The doctor is absolutely correct. A guy that I work with, his neighbor, didn't listen. Lifted something in the garage, bled out and got graveyard dead. Be careful.
Time-N-Flight

Post by Time-N-Flight »

I wish I would have bough a Crank! Had I known this was going to happen, I would have.Going to SUCK not shooting it for 2 weeks.I asked my Girlfriend,if she could go out, and cock it for me? She gave me that Deer in the Headlight look, :D
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
Munch Mount
strider23

Post by strider23 »

Glad to hear that things went well with the procedure. Take care, we all hope to see that you get some hunting in this fall, but your health definitely comes first.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Time-N-Flight wrote:I wish I would have bough a Crank! Had I known this was going to happen, I would have.Going to SUCK not shooting it for 2 weeks.I asked my Girlfriend,if she could go out, and cock it for me? She gave me that Deer in the Headlight look, :D
Imform your doctor of all of your activities and he can advise you on the do's and dont's ...I was told not to even sweep the floor or lift as much as a gallon of milk but not all heart patients are the same ...I was given 6 months tops to live and that was 2-17-2000 and i still have my heart and didnt receive a transplant and my Doctor told me last week to keep doing what i do ..Good Luck to ya !
strum

Post by strum »

Im sorry to hear your going through all that..
we will be praying for you
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds like a close call, I think I'd forget about the crossbow for a couple weeks. It will still be there, just make sure you are!
wabi
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

It is great you are going to be O.K.
I bet you will really value your time in the woods this year.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Sorry to hear of yer Heart attack, glad to hear you made it to the hospital fer treatment. Do as yer Doc says then recover & keep on shooting!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315