Axiom scope problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jimmer G

Axiom scope problem

Post by Jimmer G »

Got my new axiom all sighted in although I thought it was odd that I had to turn the elevation screw almost all the way down to zero it in. Shot well for several days and then today it started shooting very high. Checked all screws bolts etc and everything was fine. I am shooting about 3 inches high at 20 now and I have no more adjustment left on the scope as the elevation dial is bottomed out? I can group the arrows perfectly but they are all 3 inches high with 100 grain tips. I am thinking that i must have a bad scope as my buddy has the exact same setup and has plenty of adjustment left on his elevation screw? Anyone have any ideas or should I just call excalibur to try to get a new scope.
j.krug

Re: Axiom scope problem

Post by j.krug »

I'd get in touch with Excalibur and they will take care of you.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Jimmer G

Post by Jimmer G »

I'm going to call them Monday morning and see if I can get a quick replacement so I can get sighted in for the season.
Jimmer G

Post by Jimmer G »

One other thing I noticed on my axiom scope is that it only "clicks" on every fourth line when you adjust i? Is that the way all Excalibur scopes are or does the upgraded vari zone have an audible click on every line?
RobB

Post by RobB »

I found the same thing when sighting in my scope. My first two shot were high, so I adjusted teh scope accordingly and found that they were way low. I based my adjustments on 1/2" per click. After another adjustment it appears to be dialed in. I will be shooting it again today to make sure everything is ok. Excellent crossbow package, but I'm not too impressed with the scope.

Rob
Jimmer G

Post by Jimmer G »

I am wondering if upgrading to the vari zone scope would be the best thing to do?I will post a message once I talk to Excalibur on Monday and see what they have to say.

I have heard that customer service is top notch so hopefully they will take care of things quickly as opening day is quickly approaching and I am anxious to get my broad heads dialed in.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Jimmer, where are you located? You didn't by chance use two diff brands of rings did you? If by chance, USA, you'll want to talk to Danny Miller, [740] 483-2312.

Are your rings located on mount as far apart as possible?

The 'clicks' on V-zone are very faint, for lack of a better word, 1/2" per, dunno about SMF, haven't seen/used one.

Good luck!
"Eze 18:21"
RobB

Post by RobB »

I went out again today and was dead on at 20 yrds, but was about 3-4" low at 30 yrds. At 30 yrds I'm using the the 1st triangle under the crosshairs, and I'm putting the top of the triangle on my target...is this correct or should I be putting the bottom of the triangle on my target?

Jimmer I'm looking forward to your post regarding what Excal had to say...I'm might be making the same call.

Rob
Jimmer G

Post by Jimmer G »

The Axiom comes as a complete package with scoope and rings so the rings I am using are from Excalibur and appear to match (front and back) I have the rings spaced as far apart as I can but I am curious why you ask? Why would that change POI ? I think I just have a bad scope as it does not seem to hold the zero and now can not be adjusted any more?
Jimmer G

Post by Jimmer G »

awshucks wrote:Jimmer, where are you located? You didn't by chance use two diff brands of rings did you? If by chance, USA, you'll want to talk to Danny Miller, [740] 483-2312.
I am located in Pennsylvania. Who is Danny Miller that you mentioned?
Jimmer G

Post by Jimmer G »

RobB wrote:I went out again today and was dead on at 20 yrds, but was about 3-4" low at 30 yrds. At 30 yrds I'm using the the 1st triangle under the crosshairs, and I'm putting the top of the triangle on my target...is this correct or should I be putting the bottom of the triangle on my target?

Rob
You are doing it correctly as you want to use the tip fo the triangle for more precise aiming. What grain tips are you using?
kurisu

Post by kurisu »

Hey Jimmer,

Danny Miller is the Excalibur waranty contact in the United States. He has an amazing reputation and is alsways spoken very highly of on this forum.
Jimmer G

Post by Jimmer G »

kurisu wrote:Hey Jimmer,

Danny Miller is the Excalibur waranty contact in the United States. He has an amazing reputation and is alsways spoken very highly of on this forum.
Thanks for the infomration Kurisu, I will contact him tomarrow morning.
Jimmer G

Post by Jimmer G »

I called Excalibur today and they said if I send my scope back they will send me a new one as you should not have to bottom out the elevation dial to try to sight it in. It's packed up and on it's way back. Hope to get the new one in the next few days so I can get back to shooting and get zeroed in. Customer service was good as expected from everything I have heard here on the forum.
bill morrison

Post by bill morrison »

had a similar problem with a scope on a rifle one time, ran out of adjustment, found out i did not have the rings seated on the rail or base properly which canted the scope. i know the scope is already on its way but make sure everything is in place when you remount the one you get back. just a posibility and easy to overlook