Choosing first XBow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

knifemakerdan

Choosing first XBow

Post by knifemakerdan »

Hey guys. Washington State has finally allowed some of us with diasabilities to hunt with crossbows. I had no difficulty in choosing an Excalibur but I am having problems choosing which one. Right now I am stuck choosing between the Axiom and the Exocet. I like the traditional stocks, which is obvious. I plan on hunting mostly Elk with the crossbow. The Axiom package deal is difficult to beat. The Exocet does have more power and is faster which seems a better bow for elk but the price is quite a bit more. Also, anyone using the Red Dot scope? Do you have problems with seeing the red dot on bright days or on bright targets? Thanks for all the feedback!! Dan
one shot scott

Re: Choosing first XBow

Post by one shot scott »

I love the exocet. Perfect cobo of speed and serving longevity.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

I just got my first crossbow & went with the Axiom & I'm very impressed with the consistent accuracy. It took me about 3-4 shots to get it sighted in. I think you'll be happy no matter which one you go with, Excalibur makes a great product. Good Luck.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Welcome to the forum. :)

If I had to pick one I'd go with the Exocet but that is only my preference. Either one will serve you well and get the job done right! Good luck choosing. I don't know about the red dot sight but I'm sure someone will be able to answer that for you.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Joel

Post by Joel »

i am also in washington and have the vortex coming.. it will be here thursday. :D can't wait.. i did alot of searching and reading posts before i decided on which one to get.
i was hoping to get it awhile ago but had to wait til now, better later than never.
on the sights, we still can't use the red dot or scopes up here yet unless you have a visual disability as well. i did alot of looking and also ordered a sight from bad river, it is the tagged out crossbow sight. can't wait to get my hands on all of it and get it all put together.. i have missed the first 2 weekends of deer and watching my partner get a nice mulie and my son missing some monsters has me all fired up..
plus my local blacktails i have on camera that i would like to have meet the crossbow as well.
i'm sure we'll love the xbows once we get our hands on them... :D
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

it would be better to get what you want now, cheaper in the long run..I say this from experience.. :roll: ..I usually wind up paying more later because I tried to skimp by at the start..but Excal is tops for me..good luck
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
wabi

Post by wabi »

There are two decals on every bow. As long as one of them says EXCALIBUR you made the right choice. :lol: :lol:

For elk I would probably lean toward the Exocet 200, but in reality either of your choices should be fine. The heavier models simply provide a bit more insurance against a marginal hit lacking the energy to get to the vitals.
wabi
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I would lean to the Exocet their is no over kill and a flatter harder hitting arrow is what you want for Elk.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Either one will do what you want.
These things don't depreciate that much so if you go with the axiom for a year or so you will be able to upgrade later
Tenpoint Matrix