Frustration with my equinox!..please help...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

phil

Frustration with my equinox!..please help...

Post by phil »

Hey all, last yr I had to send my 1 yr old equinox to Dan Miller because each time I shot it, the 2 fangs that hold the string would be down and locked!...I had to release it with my pocket knife. Dan said my trigger somehow you bent???..anyways, it happened on my 2nd hunt this yr again!..I prob shot it only 20x since he fixed it and I NEVER dropped it or jammed it in any way!...any suggestions???...the only thing I can think of is when I unload it with the cock stringer...maybe I'm not taking enough pressure off the string?..would this bend my trigger assembly?????
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
MarkMarine

Re: Frustration with my equinox!..please help...

Post by MarkMarine »

Boo is really the one to ask about this. I never heard tale of it happening. Of course, I just shoot an arrow out of mine most times to uncock it. I know this is perhaps a stupid thing to say, but did you check your safety? Your crossbow has to be on FIRE to cock - or the server catch WILL be locked.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Can you show a close up picture of the trigger in the trigger housing? Does the trigger move back freely and when it comes all the way back does it stop with a click?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
phil

Post by phil »

Ok...my trigger sits about 3/4way back of the housing. With safety off...it pulls about 1/2 inch and then bottom tip actually hits housing. With safety on...it only moves a little and stops with a click noise!..I got a pic of it...what's your e mail boo???..don't remember how to post a pic on here and pic is on my cell. Thanks for helping!...the last thing i want to do is send it back and pay another 50 bucks and re sight it In again. I also notice I can wiggle my trigger a tad frOm right to left?...normal?
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

It's relatively easy to bend the trigger-on the TH models-when removing the stock
incorrectly. If not you perhaps whoever put it together?
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!