I need to vent!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaGriz

I need to vent!!

Post by DaGriz »

Last year I received permission to hunt a choice piece of property, Lots of deer with several decent bucks. I had a new Bushnell Trohy Camera, a Moultire d50i camera, Doublebull T-2 Blind, Moultrie Hanging feeder and folding camo director's chair all stolen.
My hunting partner is the Sheriff and between us and his investigator, we could not find out who did it.

This summer my friend the Sheriff and I built a "Penthouse " blind 12ft up in some trees, We put up No Trepassing/No hunting signs every 20ft around the perimeter of the 50 + acres. We hung a Moultrie feeder high on a rope between the top of the blind and a tree, set up a decoy camera and put up two clandestine cameras in trees. We secured a brand new Bushnell Trophy camera in a security box high up on the wall of the Penthouse. We had a two-piece tree stand ladder fasten to a big maple with coated cable and a harden padlock, that we used to get up into the Penthhouse to lower the feeder for filling.

Everything was fine until this morning when we went to fill the feeder.
The chain and lock on the gate was cut off and gone. The decoy camera was gone , the cable was cut and the ladder was gone, the security box lag bolted to the wall of the penthouse was ripped out.
We got several pictures of the a$$hole but he was wearing a pullover ski mask and a black hoody; so we can't see his face. :x
Needless to say we are extremely pi$$ed off. :x Time stamp on pictures show he came in yesterday morning about 6:15Am and left at 6:58Am.

It's been raining since yesterday early morning so all tracks were gone.

Argh!! I am livid! :evil: I can't afford to buy another camera, they are close to $200 USD. Losing one last year and another one this year is financially devestating to me.
Sure ruins my season without it even starting! :(
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Wildlife Control

Re: I need to vent!!

Post by Wildlife Control »

I know how you feel. Have you considered setting a snare trap for the jerk that's stealing your equipment? Sure would be nice to find him hanging by his feet!
Florida Nuisance Wildlife Trapper

Excalibur Equinox
Easton Firebolts Brass Inserts
NAP Spitfires

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's MUCH more important than that.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Wouldn't that "frost your b@lls". :evil: :evil:

Seems to me that you need a new Sheriff in town. I'm only kidding, trying to make light of a terrible situation. :oops:

After feeling violated and totally pi$$ed, :x it must leave you with any empty feeling in you gut. :cry: :?

Just goes to prove that nothing is safe or sacred, with all those precautions it didn't stop someone with determination. I suppose only a "trip wire" attached to some plastik would stop guys like that.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

How many people know all that stuff was out there? Someone had to know alot about it coming prepared to cut locks and chains. Somehow, let the word out that you are replacing some of the stuff (DON'T) and chain the gate again. Only way to catch that rat is to be laying in wait when comes to cut the chain. You know he is in a truck and he will have his "tools of the trade" with him. I hope all the guys in the Sheriff's dept. are straight up. My son is a deputy and one of their's got 5 years in jail for fencing stolen hunting stuff.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
Bigtime

Post by Bigtime »

That's a shame.
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

its either one of the neighbors or whoever hunted the property before you did. Focus in those directions.
In the Wind.......
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

We have an extremely good idea who it is but can't prove it as he was wearing a full face ski mask. He lives close by and walked through the woods to the place, but rain washed out his tracks so we couldn't follow them tohis house. Knowing who did it and proving it are worlds apart. Nobody has permission to be on this propety but my friend and I. This scumbag has hunted there without permission for several years and is pissed that we are in there.

All the local SD deputues are up and up honest cops and all are friends and hunters. They all would like to catch this perp as much as we would,
Last edited by DaGriz on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I know what your saying Darrel, I caught two vermin stealing a stand from us, they snuck in on pvt. land and I caught them and wore their ass out with my walking stick, they took me to court and won, charged me with assault for retrieving my own goods on land that I could be on :twisted: go figure.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

Sounds like a job for an old Marine Scout :wink: Perhaps I can swing by there in November and camp out near your hunting spot. People like that just need left in a gutpile.
rayman

Post by rayman »

Have your friend tell the deputies to put the Rodney King treatment on his ass when they catch him. :wink:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Thats terrible Darrel, ppl who do that are scumbags to the 1st degree! Jail is to good fer them, catch'em & break both his legs wid a ballbat & leave him there to crawl home!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

MarkMarine wrote:Sounds like a job for an old Marine Scout :wink: Perhaps I can swing by there in November and camp out near your hunting spot. People like that just need left in a gutpile.
thatsa damn fact !!!!!!!!!!!!! and earlier a snare trap was mentioned... naw, notta snare.... a claymore wood be more beneficial in deed !!!!!!!!
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sad thing is about all you can do legally is be pi$$ed off - unless you catch him with the stolen goods or in the act of vandalism.

Then the judge can tell him he's been a bad boy and turn him loose.

There is no justice system anymore, it's a legal system and it's all about money. The crooks are job security for the court and lawyers, so they protect and recycle all the criminals they can.
wabi
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I would go about putting your stuff up the same as before and lay in waiting. Then beat the frig out of prick. Excuse my French. :evil:
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

agingcrossbower wrote:I would go about putting your stuff up the same as before and lay in waiting. Then beat the frig out of prick. Excuse my French. :evil:

Kick their ASK and you're in trouble, anyway you are in VA.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers