who uses slick tricks?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

arnettjd10

who uses slick tricks?

Post by arnettjd10 »

i am wondering if the slick tricks shoot the same as ur field points out of ur excal. i use them with my hoyt and they shoot great.
2011 Excalibur Equinox
Shadow Zone Scope
Goldtip Laser II
110 gr brass inserts
Blazer X2
Rage 2 blade
Sopchoppy

Re: who uses slick tricks?

Post by Sopchoppy »

Use the 100 gr. Magnum. POI is same as field point. Short recovery.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

use them and love them. :D
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Started using 125 gr this year. Hoping to try them on something other then a target Saturday morning.
arnettjd10

Post by arnettjd10 »

Are they shooting the same as ur fieldpoints? thats my main concern.
2011 Excalibur Equinox
Shadow Zone Scope
Goldtip Laser II
110 gr brass inserts
Blazer X2
Rage 2 blade
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

arnettjd10 wrote:Are they shooting the same as ur fieldpoints? thats my main concern.
You have got to spin test them, imho.
"Eze 18:21"
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Been using the standard 100gr Slicks since damn near when they were first introduced. I've used them with Excal's, TenPoints, BowTec, Horton and Barnett. The shot/shoot to within 1/2" of same point of impact as 100gr field tips, (IF the arrows have 100gr brass inserts),with every bow except the P.O.S. Barnett Commando! But nothing shoots good from a Barnett! :mrgreen:
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Bigtime

Post by Bigtime »

The doe that I killed a week age was the 4th deer that has fallen to that exact same goldtip lazer ll and 100gr. slick trick. It may be time to retire that combo and start with a "fresh" one. Sooooo, yea, I like em :D .
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

I tried the 175 g CB Tricks on some Firebolts last year. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot them at anything except my target, but they do seem to have the same POI as the the field points that come with them do.
strum

Post by strum »

i just started using them this year..125 gr magnums,,i think they have the same poi as my feild tips..but i always shot em to make sure . so far i have found them to be very accurate and since i only shot one deer with em so far i can only say it did an awsome job and ill be using the same arrow and bh on the next shot :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Time-N-Flight

Post by Time-N-Flight »

Same point of impact out to 40 yards,out of my Nox,Have not tested them any farther than that,but im sure they would do the job at 50 if the conditions were Perfect.
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
UTG Law Inforcement Rings
Munch Mount
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I shoot the 175 gr slick tricks out of a Equinox and they hit 2 in low at 30 yards but I sight in with the B.H. in fall and only practice with hunting heads until spring then I will adjust for the field tip .
The 175 gr group great and preformed very well on two deer last year I am sticking with the slick tricks this season.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

My 125 gr magnums are shooting the same as the field points. You won't be disappointed. Hopefully the blood trail is as good as they shoot.
Worriedman

Post by Worriedman »

I have taken three deer with the Slick Trick 125 Magnums. They do in fact hit to the same point of impact for me, (Exocet 225+Firebolts) as the filed points. All three have fallen withing sight, so trailing has been a moot point.

This is my third year with the xbow, so I am using the same broad heads.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter of TFA
ohioexocetfan

Post by ohioexocetfan »

I don't think I'd use anything else... anything that I have connected, I've collected. I kind of like they are smaller (I use the orig. 1" - 100 grain), the blast holes right through shoulder blades or bone if need be. I don't think they leave the blood trails that some of my buddies are getting with Rage and FOC, etc., but like someone said up above... quick recoveries.

I liked them so much, I went ahead and bought enough that I thought would be 20 years of shooting for me! Hopefully that tells you what I think of them. I wish I knew of a way to sharpen the blades back to razor edge, so I don't have to keep using up my blade refill packs. I'd be all ears if someone had a good sharpening tool...
THE ORIGINAL
Exocet 200
100g 1" Slick Tricks
GTII w/ 2" Blazer vanes
Boo "Ohio State" string

THE UPGRADE
Matrix 380
Hawke Pro 30
100g 2" Swhackers
18" Executioners w/ 2" Blazers
Mike Collins string