To catch a thief.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaGriz

To catch a thief.

Post by DaGriz »

So far the perp is still alive and roaming free. I have several things in the works. Please excuse me for not posting them here. I want to catch this guy so bad I can taste it and I do not want to take any chance he knows what I an doing.

I will say we have been checking license plates numbers from possible cars. Also have plaster cast of some boot tracks, plus pieces of chain with bolt cutter marks. So far no good leads from the plate numbers. I think he has backed off becuase of all the activity and is waiting for me to let it go.

I will keep you abreast of what happens as things transpire.

Again I want to say how much I appreciate everyone's support and assistance.
Thank you all very much.
If there is anything a can do, for any of you please let me know
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Louvp

Re: To catch a thief.

Post by Louvp »

Good luck,I hope you nail the scumbag, Thats why I cant use trail cams because they would disappear overnight. I've had tree stands stolen that I've left in the tree. I could have stolen many tree stands if I was that kind of a person,but thats not how I operate.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Well I am amazed at all the people that have contributed to the fund to. Everyday I go to check the mail there is usually one in the box. I mentioned to Darrel that it must feel good to have so many friends.
Hope you catch the bastard. :twisted:
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Keep us posted hope you can post his picture!!
The best things in life are not things!!
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Boy ol boy I'm rubbing my hands on this one. I wish I were there. There is nothing I like better than to grab a bum and shake him out. I'd sit in the woods for a week 24/7 to get this guy. Hope you wack him.
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Got $600. collected, why worry about it? Season is on and you are paid for loss.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Go get em Darrel :D
will be watching for updates :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Xbowkiller wrote:Got $600. collected, why worry about it? Season is on and you are paid for loss.
Its not about whats collected its about what a man like Griz has done for so many people on this fourm and now they are showing their appreciation back in a time that he needs it to make his hunting season a better one.Griz gives with out asking for nothing in return so dont knock it
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

Holy crap. Geeze, it seems another Michigan resident has lost sight in things that are right and things that are not right. Theft is never right, and if generosity of friends on this site bothers you, Xbowkiller, you are for sure making negative comments in the wrong place. I am new here, but I will defend all of those people that I have learned from following this forum for the last couple of years. Wanna have lunch?
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Not being negitive at all. Hunting time is now. Why worry, get out and hunt, can't undo what was done. I had a tree cut down so they could get my treestand off.
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Nobody is worrying that I know of. I know it's hunting season but, to me ,it is far more important to catch this perp. Not olnly has he stole over $1500 of my stuff he also stole over $4300 of another guy who lived close to where this happened. Unless he is caught it will continue to go on and I will not tolerate that!

It's also not about the money people contributed. I am speechless to comment on how generaous the people here have been. I can't express strong enough my gratitude and appreciation for what they have done!

One last thing, Your forum name doesn't sit well with me. These fine people here on the froum and other people are not "Crossbow Killers" and I hope you don't really believe your handle. People here are hunters, woodsmen, outdoors people, and some of the most caring and helpfull people you can meet anywhere! Killing a critter is the end result of a fine stalk, waiting in a stand or slowly creeping into the critters domain. It is the climatic conclusion to a Hunt.
Naming yourself "Xbowkiller" , gives a bad impression, at least to me!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Wildlife Control

Post by Wildlife Control »

Shotnbeer wrote:Boy ol boy I'm rubbing my hands on this one. I wish I were there. There is nothing I like better than to grab a bum and shake him out. I'd sit in the woods for a week 24/7 to get this guy. Hope you wack him.
X2!!! Talk about a good hunt...waiting and catching a thief in action...that's what I call a great hunt.
Florida Nuisance Wildlife Trapper

Excalibur Equinox
Easton Firebolts Brass Inserts
NAP Spitfires

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's MUCH more important than that.
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

Good reply Griz. You are 100% on with the statements ya made. Been reading and learning in the background for a long time now. Have saw Pictures of your talented work and read of the generosities you have passed to on to others. A knife made with your hands would be an honor to behold by the hands of anyone.
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Hope you do catch him. Thieves are not good. On first thread you said $200. Did not know you lost $1500.

Just to refresh:

Argh!! I am livid! I can't afford to buy another camera, they are close to $200 USD. Losing one last year and another one this year is financially devestating to me.
Sure ruins my season without it even starting!
Dash

Post by Dash »

Hope you get him dagriz. These scum should be tatood with "thief"on the forehead so everyone knows who they are.