Lumi, Shadow, or Twilight?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mechanical Advantage

Lumi, Shadow, or Twilight?

Post by Mechanical Advantage »

Bought a new Exomax yesterday with the Shadow zone. Will try it out today, but I have a Lumizone also that I put on my old Exocet last year. What is the better scope? I have to admit I was not that impressed with the optics of the Lumi but it works ok. I know the quality of Excal scopes in the past has not been that good and had 2 Dropzones replaced under warranty.
Should I sell both scopes and get a Twilight? Other than the similarities to the Lumi, is it a better quality scope to justify the price? The Lumi was pretty cheap compared to the Twilight. When the new scopes were rumored last year the thought was they would be better quality and was wondering if anyone has determined if they are.
Thanks.
Mechanical Advantage

Re: Lumi, Shadow, or Twilight?

Also what is the advantage of having red and green on the Shadow zone as opposed to just red on the Lumi?
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

just my observation.the new twilight has better glass but is a big monster of a scope. seems much clearer to me . i feel illuminated glass is nice but not needed. i gotta guess it can also get you in trouble. its a nice feature that may rope you into wanting to sit past legal shooting times.my experience is that the excalibur scopes will basically get you to last legal shooting light. the only problems ive noticed is that on an overcast day you may loose the last minutes of legal shooting time. the chevrons seem to dissappear as it gets dark. the lighted reticles allow those chevrons to come to life. as far as color reticle i prefer red. things are too green in the early season.if you do get a lighted reticle dont forget to shut them off. :lol:
Wildlife Control

Post by Wildlife Control »

If you have the chance you should check out the Nikon Bolt XR. So much clearer than any other X-bow scope I've seen.
Florida Nuisance Wildlife Trapper

Excalibur Equinox
Easton Firebolts Brass Inserts
NAP Spitfires

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's MUCH more important than that.
Mechanical Advantage

Update: The biggest difference that jumps out is the dial to turn on the scopes. In the center, left side on the Shadow zone. Rear side on the right on the Lumi. I think I find the location much more natural and requires less movement on the Lumi. I only turn It on when I see a deer.
Slightly more light gathering on the Lumi in the final few minutes of daylight but not as much as I would have thought. Overall quality of the Shadow might be a little better.
Much less glare from the lighted recticle on the Shadow at all brightness settings at low light.