UPDATE

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GooGoos

UPDATE

Post by GooGoos »

Well, I figure I give yall an update on things in my neck of the woods. It's been pretty slow. Friday night while I was hangin out with the boyfriend, dad went out and saw an 8pt. Too far too shoot with the bow. Then Saturday night dad && I saw a doe, wayyyy to far for a bow shot. She was about 80yds out. Then Sunday mornin while I was at church, dad had a 4pt come in on him about 60yds out while I was in church. Then we went back out that afternoon, and we saw nothin.

Yesterday Mornin. The 4pt dad saw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRW34LjmU_o

Last night

I am down to 12 days till I leave home. I just have to get a few more things, but other than that. Other than that my bag is packed up && ready to go! Everyone keeps askin me if I am nervous...I'm not nervous, I'm more excited than anything.

*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
WalknTall

Re: UPDATE

Post by WalknTall »

Are you off to university? If so, enjoy it, the world's your oyster!

W
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
GooGoos

Post by GooGoos »

WalknTall wrote:Are you off to university? If so, enjoy it, the world's your oyster!

W
No, I am goin to Basic Training. I joined the Army.

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
thumper

Post by thumper »

GOOD LUCK !
We appreciate what you're doing, don't forget that or that you have signed up for something alot of people don't have the guts to do !
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

GooGoos wrote:
WalknTall wrote:Are you off to university? If so, enjoy it, the world's your oyster!

W
No, I am goin to Basic Training. I joined the Army.

Very cool! That's even more impressive.

Thanks doesn't cut it but... Thanks!
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

GooGoos,

I will never forget the feeling I had when flying out for Bootcamp. It was my 1st time on an airplane, my first time really out of state, my first time trully removed from anything and everything I knew and loved. Despite being involunteerily volunteered :lol: it was some of the best times of my life. You seem like a good kid both without and within. You have what is necessary to make a fine addition to the Armed Forces - spiritual resolve, moral resolution, and good ol' redneck fortitude :)

My best to you.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Good luck to you on your new "adventure"!! :!:
I know you will be busy...but check in when you can and let us know how things are going. :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

MarkMarine wrote:GooGoos,

I will never forget the feeling I had when flying out for Bootcamp. It was my 1st time on an airplane, my first time really out of state, my first time trully removed from anything and everything I knew and loved. Despite being involunteerily volunteered :lol: it was some of the best times of my life. You seem like a good kid both without and within. You have what is necessary to make a fine addition to the Armed Forces - spiritual resolve, moral resolution, and good ol' redneck fortitude :)

My best to you.
x100 you go girl very proud of you,, and thank's from all of us.!! you make us all proud :cry: :cry: :D :D
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

The army need good person like you best of luck to you
Denis
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
new2xbow

Post by new2xbow »

If and When you make it to Bragg, look me up, pm me for email address. Got some good hunting on bragg and i have 100 acres about 2 hours away from there as well.
Tony K.
Stokes County, NC
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
X-act 100gr

http://www.NCGunRights.com - "Gun laws only limit the law abiding!"
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Good luck in the U.S. army!This will be a good life learning event for you! :D
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

GooGoos,
My son joined a little over a year ago "Calvary Scout" has been teaching alot of firearms courses at Ft. Indian town gap and is at Ft. Dicks now working with his 1200 meter sniper rifle and some class room stuff. He loves it! Heads to Iraq in Jan. He can hardly wait. Hope you enjoy it as much as he does. Try to keep us updated, be safe and THANKS!!!
Crispy
GooGoos

Post by GooGoos »

Crispy wrote:GooGoos,
My son joined a little over a year ago "Calvary Scout" has been teaching alot of firearms courses at Ft. Indian town gap and is at Ft. Dicks now working with his 1200 meter sniper rifle and some class room stuff. He loves it! Heads to Iraq in Jan. He can hardly wait. Hope you enjoy it as much as he does. Try to keep us updated, be safe and THANKS!!!
Calv Scout? Really? Dad was a Scout for 20yrs. Hope your son stays safe over there. I am lookin forward to my job. Get to go to Airborne School. Pretty stoked about it.

It's really hard to belive that I leave in almost a week now. Feels like yesterday I was down at the Jacksonville MEPS signin my enlistment papers for the Army. I left home Easter Sunday to go join the Army. Now here I am 6 months later, and 12 days away from getting my butt smoked from my Drill Sgt, and turning my dream into a reality. I really am goin to miss home. It's not that I am nervous about the whole thing, it's the fact that I am fixin to be on my own here in a week. Don't get me wrong, I am excited to get my life on the road...sure am gunna be home sick for a lil bit.

Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Being a little home sick is a normal thing, from the sounds of it you'll have alot to miss. It will go quick for you and you'll be back out huntin with your dad. My son "Cody" missed food the most lol. Had a list of all the stuff he craved and wanted us to bring him at graduation, just didnt have enough room in the car lol. Good luck, be safe and thanks for your service!
Crispy
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

First off Congrats on making a good choice .
There will be times when you think " What am I doing here " . But gut it out , it is worth it . :)
Even if you don`t make a career of it . The whole experience makes you a better person . IMO
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus