Bojax

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Duane

Bojax

Post by Duane »

I bought a set last week and put them on my Equinox. After 6 shots i noticed one missing. i continued shooting with one but i moved it out toward the limb tip more. after ten more shots it too was gone. i found them both on the ground.
is anybody else using them? any reason they didn't last? they seemed to help when they were on the string.
Normous

Re: Bojax

Post by Normous »

Rubber thingies held within the Excalibur string have a very short life as you noticed. Whiskers server near the limb tips perform much better at dampening, last much longer and cost a mere 5-8 fps loss depending on the amount of whisker used.

Welcome Duane!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Tried bojax when they 1st came out . had the same results , they were cut off in no time . Crossbows exert to much tension on the string for these things . there was a product called Tunerz ( I think Horton handles the product now ) that worked quite well . They had Limb Tunerz ( they strapped onto the limb ) and String Tunerz whick fit between the string bundle . They were more solid than the Bojax.

just found a link

http://store.hortonarchery.com/Tunerz/
Time-N-Flight

Post by Time-N-Flight »

I have a pair of Limbsavers on my Nox and they are holding up fine.If you get them out on the limb much past the Pads, you are going to eventually lose them.Keeping it close to the Pads,also negates some speed loss.I always felt that my Nox was loud! Untill I left my friend shoot it, with me appox 10 yards off to one side.It's not all that bad,when you are not the one pulling the trigger.By the time that they hear it, they are done anyway.
Good Hunting!
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
UTG Law Inforcement Rings
Munch Mount