Good Advise

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerman

Good Advise

Post by deerman »

I have had my Exomax now since 2004 and it has never let me down. I have only changed the string once and that was only because I wanted more speed. I got my older brother back into hunting 3 years ago with Muzzle Loader. This summer he said he would like to get a crossbow and enjoy the early season of hunting. He is 59 and I 49. He is very stubborn when it comes to giving him advise. I told him over and over to buy the best in the world hands down EXCALIBUR and that the string is simple to change, it's light weight, and most important very accurate. Well, Labor Day he tells me he got a crossbow and he got a Darton as it was Michigan made. I told him if the string ever needs replacing it will run about $100.00 to replace. I also told him I will ride your ass the first time I hear you say I cant hunt because my Darton is in the shop. Well guess what folks. he sent me a text today saying he cant hunt as the string is coming apart up near the cams and some washers fell out between the cam and riser :roll: Boy I couldn't wait to call him and give him hell. I told him he will be without it for a few weeks. I am so happy this happened to him because you know he is going to continue to have problems. Hopefully he will see the light that the EXCALIBUR line is the very best in the world. He should have listened to his little brother. :D
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
georgiaboy

Re: Good Advise

Post by georgiaboy »

You can lead the horse to water... :?
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
wabi

Post by wabi »

Good friend of mine swore by his Horton - "It's all I need, and it's dependable and accurate." :roll:
A few years ago he missed the first couple weeks of deer season while it was in the shop for a string. Then I let him shoot my Phoenix. After he put three arrows in the same hole at 25 yards (shoot - pull arrow -shoot again) he had a Phoenix ordered the next week. :lol:
I can't remember him ever killing a deer with the Horton, but with him using the Phoenix I helped him track/field dress/drag out a nice buck last year. :wink:
And I changed his string for him last year - no need to re-sight, just put on the string (excel), confirm accuracy with a few shots in the target, and get back to hunting! :D
wabi
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

You can tell your brother that his Darton riser was made in Canada...
The riser part should last him a long time :D
Darz Bór!
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Im a firm believer in Excalibur and thats all i got to say about it :wink:
Cyclonic

Post by Cyclonic »

You can tell by my screen name I had to learn the hard way too. :oops: First crossbow was a Cyclone, only made it one season! :roll:
Home-Brewers Drink Better Beer!
Exomax
Vapor Trail Strings
Gold Tip Laser III's
Crimson Talon
Ogden's Outdoors
strum

Post by strum »

i feel bad for him..hope he gets to hunt..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16