Broadhead Recommendations?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Trx480Ryan

Broadhead Recommendations?

Post by Trx480Ryan »

Whats everyone using for broadheads out there, pro's cons? I'll be looking for some eventually for my equinox. So far i was told to go with muzzy's, so lets hear what you guys run and the pro's and cons of them?

Thanks
2011 Excalibur Equinox With Quiver and Varizone
Remington 870 With Camera Mount
Ruger 10/22 With Scope and See through Mounts
2004 Trx450r with a little work.
1995 Ranger with a little work.
Louvp

Re: Broadhead Recommendations?

Post by Louvp »

I use Muzzy 125, 3 blades,with 2" Bohning Blazer vanes,I could not get them to fly good until I put the Bohning Blazers on my bolts.Now they hit exact spot as my Field Points.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

100gr spitfires for me.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I use Spitfire & Slick-Tricks & Striker by G5.I don't use Muzzy nutten it goes back into History of them down on CB's!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

Wac'Em Exit - Image

Was given a pack of them about 3 years ago. They hit right with field points from my bow and I've had 100% success with them as long as everything else held up. (had one shot ruined by scope failure)
Put one through the "boiler room" and it's a very short blood trail.

Down side - replacement blades can be very hard to obtain. Had to call the manufacturer last year to get blades. :roll:
wabi
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I've been using spitfire's for years...experiment with some different brands sometime's but alway's come back to what works for me.
If it a'int broke... :!: :mrgreen:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

125 grain G5 Strykers and so far, they're pretty awesome. Used Slick Tricks last year and didn't care for 'em. Was thinking about trying Rage, but I'm hearing more and more about blades not deploying. My Cousins had two last weekend they didn't open on them. Thankfully one was a heart shot and the other through the shoulder. They never found the shoulder shot deer.

Whatever you use, make sure they hit the same place as your field tips. And also, shoot at all yardages to make sure your broadheads hit the same. Just because both hit the same spot at 20 doesn't mean they will at 40!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Gregoire1960

Post by Gregoire1960 »

130gr Wasp Cam-loks, I believe they were once the reccommended broadhead for Excaliburs back in the day....
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I have some Excalibur Bolt Cutters and some Excalibur X-Act broad heads. If they are good enough for Bill T, they are good enough for me. I am satisfied with them. I will buy myself some other kind for small game sometime when I can afford to, that is the only difference for me.
Thanks,
Raymond
Extreme

Post by Extreme »

Muzzy MX 4 for me,they fly great.Havent shot a deer with them but a friend did and I was impressed with the performance
Matrix 355
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I've only shot 2 deer with my Equinox, but both times I used the Excalibur Boltcutter broadheads. They're heavy at 150 grains, but tough as nails. Just to look at them, they don't really look like anything special, but they definitely get the job done! :wink: Between the accuracy of the Excalibur itself and the broadheads, you definitely don't shoot at the same spot twice while practicing!

I've thought about trying the Rage broadheads for crossbows, but I'm leery of having to rely on anything mechanical like that on such a critical component. :?
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

sold on boltcutters only shot one turkey so far but it didn't like it!! :lol: what really sold me was the fact that after it went trough the bird it skipped and hoped for another 50 to 75 yards in rock and gravel and stuck in a slate pile about 4 to 6 inches!!and i thought trash for sure the blades were dulled and bent on the edges but not chipped and were still firmly in place but new blades and a bath and you can't tell it had ever been shot! never hurt the tip at all.if it can take an old strip mine like that i don't ever have to worry. :D
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Ok, I'll be the odd one, :lol: 100 grain Trophy Ridge 2 blade MeetSeekers. I had a post on here a couple of weeks ago that showed some of the holes they made. I have shot 4 so far this season and only one managed to run about 30 yards. The other 3 dropped where they were standing with threw and threw sholder shots. They are also tough broadheads. I havent had one to bend or break yet (knock on wood). :D