Just got the cb rage 100gn

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BBDOWN

Just got the cb rage 100gn

Post by BBDOWN »

Just got the rage 100gn CB, But can't get out for the next week 80klm winds in southern ont. I'm wondering are they any good ? I keep hearing theres a problem with the o-ring and there opening mid flight.
wheelie

Re: Just got the cb rage 100gn

Post by wheelie »

To late to answer! You bought them already. LOL
Mechanical Advantage

Post by Mechanical Advantage »

Cant help you but would love to try them myself. Very mixed reviews, people love them or hate them. Last year before there was a Cross Bow Rage all their stuff kept saying they were fine for CBs. Now they have a CB version but I cant find anything definitive about the difference. More questions than answers.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

My nephew shot the 100gr rages last year..had to change this year, main complaint was they kept opening up in the quiver. :evil:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Normous

Post by Normous »

Be sure the blades are seated in the o-ring before loading them on deck.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I'm shooting the Rage Crossbow 125 gr this season. I find the o-ring retains the blade on these better than on the Rage 2's that I was using previously. Like enormous says, still a good idea to check them before loading them on deck.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
trackeral1

Post by trackeral1 »

If you think the your rage are opening up in flight do this simple test. Place a piece of paper in a frame 5 foot or so in front of your target and shoot at your target. If the rage has opened up in flight you will see the blade cuts on the paper(this test will work on any mechanical broadhead that you may want to test for early deployment of blades) I conducted this test with 6-3 blade rage and 6-2 blade 100g none cb vesion. I shoot all 12 into a block crossbow target once and then replaced the o rings and shot all 12 again. I had no premature deployment on any of the rage broadheads shot. I believe the problem may be human error in not having the blades seated properly in the o-rings as enormous stated in this post.An easy test to see if the blades are seated properly is to push down lightly on the front cam of the blade, if the blade deploys easily, either it was not seated correctly, your o-ring is cut partially cut where the blade goes in or the little finger on the blade that holds on to the o-ring is defective or broke off. Check your o-ring and blade, if there are in good shape then reseat the blade again.Do not push on the sharp part of the blade with your finger, you will exert enough pressure to cut your finger as these blades are very sharp use a pencil or a stick, just not your fingers. If you still have trouble put a new o-ring on and try it again. If it still does not work send it back to rage and they will fix it.
Good hunting to all and be careful out there.