Need help with Equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hneidere

Need help with Equinox

Post by hneidere »

Just received new Equinox today , first time crossbow hunter - I lost sight in my right eye and am right handed. So now when using a scope I sight using my left eye and shoot right handed because I have been doing it that way for almost 50 years.

On the stock of the Equinox there is a cheek rest - can this plate be removed ?

I need the extra room to get my left eye down so that I can see clearly through the scope. I was able to unscrew a small threaded bolt in the cheek rest but it still seems to be attached somehow and I did not want to break it.

Any advice appreciated.
Equinox Crossbow
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Need help with Equinox

Post by Doe Master »

Once you have removed the countersunk 10-24 screw from the cheekpiece . Place the back of the stock on a firm surface and push down at the bottom of the CP . It will come off with a snap . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome to the forum!! :D :D
Congrats on your nox...aka "the beast"!!! :lol: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

It's a pain to get off and a bigger pain to get back on. :D I had the bright idea of trying to shoot mine without the cheek piece, I got a free education lesson.
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
sneak

Post by sneak »

Congrats on the new Equinox and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your eye but this is a very interesting post since I shoot the same way. I lost the vision in my right eye in 1993 to optic neuritis and had to adapt. I shoot rifles and my shotgun and now my crossbow right handed and use my left eye. Sometimes I have to use extra high scope mounts to get the clearance I need. I hope it works out for you with your new bow but I think you might have been better off with a traditional stock instead of the thumb hole. Best of luck! Tim
Exocet 200
Vari-Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser II Arrows
Rage 2 blade crossbow broadheads
S5 Suppression System
Flemish Dyna Flight String
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Welcome to the forum.

Do just as Doe Master said. He knows a thing or two about these Excals. Good luck and safe hunting to you. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
hneidere

Post by hneidere »

Guys,
Thanks for all the help and best wishes - I am feeling right at home. I was able to take the advice given and remove the cheek rest - all is well.
Equinox Crossbow