FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LUDDY

FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Post by LUDDY »

Ok I know it's called hunting and not killing but I have been snake bit, ever since i bought my Ibex in 2010 I haven't killed a deer I have put many hours into hunting just to come up empty handed always the brides maid never the bride I take friends with me and they kill and I don't. Don't get me wrong I am very happy for them but when is it gonna be my turn. :? :? I just want to see what this great crossbow can do. Sorry for the ranting but you guys and gals are the best people that always help. Just remeber if you ever hunt in NJ the deer walk around looking in trees. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks & God Bless
John
2010 Ibex
Groundponder Mount
Firebolts
G5 montecs
Varizone scope
S5 string stop

Remember life is short take somebody hunting
vixenmaster

Re: FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Post by vixenmaster »

I feel fer you friend. Best i can tell you is set-up off a good trail they use going to & from feed n bedding & trail watch. I seldom get colser than 20 yds & lower than 20' cause of their super noses. Bucks are crusin after the Doe's. I saw 4 deer yesterday morning let all pass cept one it were out of range & never saw its head. The other 3 an 8 pt a tall spike n a Doe gave me broadside shots 32 yds n less.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I know where you're coming from. Stick with it. Bet when you do get that shot you'll least expect it and it will be a good one.
rayman

Post by rayman »

Shotnbeer wrote:Bet when you do get that shot you'll least expect it and it will be a good one.
Bet you'll be ready for a celebratory beverage too. :) The suspence just makes it all the better when it finally happens.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

:) , I know where you are coming from, I had a Phoenix and bought an Equinox a couple of years ago. I figured I would not need my Phoenix so I sold it. Boy do I wish I would have kept my Phoenix, I have never shot a deer with my Equinox as of yet.
Raymond
strum

Post by strum »

hang in there man ..we all get that ole snake bit thing from time to time..you just keep puting the time in and your moment of truth will arive.i have a frien who is going though the same thing ..but,,he doesnt hunt like i do ..he talks about it or goes walking around ,,i keep saying to him you got get in the woods they are not in the living room ..and when you get there ..sit down be quiet and wait..not saying thats you but i see that a lot ..put that time in and dont get discouraged..we are all pulling for ya :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
masboy

Post by masboy »

My son has the same problem with his equinox just can,t seem too get a deer .with it. he took his buddy's out that never shot a deer before and they got a deer with it . he said dad I just can,t seem too kill a deer with it. He gets plenty with his regular bow and is a real good shot. I think some one has a voodoo doll of him and I with our crossbows in hand and Stick the pins in when we are about too shoot!!!
koko

Post by koko »

I hope it is not an Equinox thing because I just bought one this year. Really, I haven't seen many deer in the last 5 years and blame it on the PGC here in PA. To many doe permits given out. I have now been out 24 times and seen deer 5 of those times. Just last night I did see 10 doe together, but no buck with them. All 10 deer were on the Private Property side where I can't go. Frustration sets in when you know you can't move your tree stand any farther. I guess the rut isn't going yet. The closest thing to a rack buck I have seen is a one horn spike. Now today it is snowing and they want 4 to 6 inches. It is only October we never get snow in October. It won't stay long. They want 50 degrees tomorrow. I will keep trying, got 2 more weeks left in archery season.
2010 Equinox
Boo string with cat whiskers
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
with 100 grain 3 blade meat seekers
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I seen on another forum that crossbowers have a big advantage, they can lay down on a trail in a gillie suit and just wait for a deer to come. Maybe try that. My advise, put on a helmet and maybe a jock! LOL
LUDDY

Post by LUDDY »

Thanks everyone for the kind words of encouragement you have made me feel a whole lot better today. :) :) Matter of fact I am going out right now and buy my extended bow permit. You people are the greatest Thanks again!! :D :D.

God Bless
John
2010 Ibex
Groundponder Mount
Firebolts
G5 montecs
Varizone scope
S5 string stop

LUDDY

Post by LUDDY »

Tha
strum wrote:hang in there man ..we all get that ole snake bit thing from time to time..you just keep puting the time in and your moment of truth will arive.i have a frien who is going though the same thing ..but,,he doesnt hunt like i do ..he talks about it or goes walking around ,,i keep saying to him you got get in the woods they are not in the living room ..and when you get there ..sit down be quiet and wait..not saying thats you but i see that a lot ..put that time in and dont get discouraged..we are all pulling for ya :D
Hey Strum
Thanks!!! but I have been putting in the time trying to get it done. I usually become the couch potato until after permit shotgun! :lol: Thanks for the great words.

God Bless
John
2010 Ibex
Groundponder Mount
Firebolts
G5 montecs
Varizone scope
S5 string stop

Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

If i get a deer it's fine and if i don't i enjoy the mind clearing fresh air and God's other forest creatures like birds and squirrels!If i got a deer every time out hunting wouldn't be any fun!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline