R U a Good Hunter or need a Fast Bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JohnDoeHunter

Re: R U a Good Hunter or need a Fast Bow

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

Sounds like the stuff I hear from the bow hunters about me hunting with a crossbow. I don't need any bow slow or fast, I can build snares. :lol: I 've got a friend who builds his own long bows and his own arrows and he actually kills deer. But I don't feel he is better than me don't know how he feels. I guess I grew out of the Richard measuring a while back. Got tired of loosing! :o
John
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

:lol: :lol: you about busted my gauge.

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
PA_DeerHunter

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

I'm the best darned hunter that's ever lived. I hunt with one hand tied behind my back just to make it fair. Women love me; deer fear me. 'Nuff said!
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

I touch em all the time. You have to gut em you know!
In the Wind.......
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Oh ya, why do you use a crossbow at all then? Why not just carry a knife?
In the Wind.......
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I loved reading every post i got with this thread, y'all be the greastest Forum members. Y'all did see my :lol: that started this worthless thread. To answer some ?'s to yer answers. Bow models fast med or slow is a grab n hunt with the one you like. I think every person on this Forum is a very good hunter, some don't get the chance to really show what they can do. I am not a good hunter, i actually am more of an assasin of deer. I am glad its past tomato season of growing or i would have gotten messy. Y'all need to knowed my learning from little on, been poor all my life but deer = tick toters or varmits were something to shoot & get rid of. We ate them of course but they ate the crops like grasshoppers on garden plants. I have killed many hundred of them & now i kill them to feed others besides my Mrs & i. Y'all seldom see me shoot n post big antlered Bucks, they don't taste good ! I killed enuff of them when i was young to learn that. So don't hit me wid no sticks & have a great one.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

"an assasin of deer" I just spit beer all over my computer on that one! :lol: That is a classic.
John
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

Mike,

No worries bro. You are good people. I think those that mattered understood your intent. Those that know you, like Don said, know the man you are. Everyone who got offended need remember the old adage, "It's better to be pissed off than pissed on" LOL

On a serious note, I sure wish I had the population of deer you got down there! Lawd O mighty you are in the thick-o-things :D
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

I still want you kill one with a knife! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In the Wind.......
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I can see where this thread could "rub" someone the wrong way.

I've touched a wild deer once with my foot . . .stil touched it. 8) It's still running, I scared the sh*t out of it and that was 30 years ago. :lol:

However, I still perfer my fast bow . . .even at 8 yards . . .even though I didn't recover that deer.

Not sure your form of bragging is coming across in the manner you would like, but, I know you mean well.

Keep plucking them over with yer logs . . .I'll continue to zip lazers at them . . .no big deal.

Kind of reminds me of when I bought one of those BIG arse drivers in my golfing days . . .I hit it even further into the lake/woods/out of bounds. :lol:

It's more important to be accurate and attentive of what's between you and your intended POI, than speed of bow. Otherwise, you just hit the wrong spot faster.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
AvianQuest

Post by AvianQuest »

See4miles wrote:
Oh ya, why do you use a crossbow at all then? Why not just carry a knife?
The Tarahumara (the Running People) are a tribe in the Copper Canyon of Mexico. They can run for days...hundreds of miles at a time without stop.

They hunt deer by running them down and cutting their throats when they fall from exhaustion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnwIKZhrdt4
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Their is a man who teaches survival somewhere up in the Washington state/oregon area (or at least he used to). As part of his final test to pass his training, the student had to touch a live deer. The technique was to roll in mud from head to toe bare naked, then while the mud was still wet, roll in ashes (cold ashes) from a giant bon-fire. This would make the hunter literally scent free. then they would go stand on well-used runways motionless for hours (if necessary) until a deer passed by. They would then touch the deer as it passed by.
It was a big story in a popular outdoor magazine (Outdoor life possibly) several years ago if anyone remembers. I would love to have saved that issue. It was quite a feat to accomplish. Maybe VM is that guy??
In the Wind.......
cuboodle

Post by cuboodle »

I had a doe run past me so close as she came in I drew my Hoyt vertical bow and held to the left no kidding as god is my witness she ran past me and hit the stabilizer sticking out about 6 inches I released the arrow at that moment point blank double lung shot. I don't think I could ever top that for gettin close.
Vortex
Rage 2 blade crossbow
Wyvern quiver mount
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Boo wrote:This is a dumb thread at many levels.
:wink: YAAAAAY YAAAAAAAAAAAAy I totaly agree!!!! :roll: :roll:

Dave :) :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings