What a waste

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shotnbeer

What a waste

Post by Shotnbeer »

I had to run down Interstate 79 in Pennsylvania to day for work. It was a 50 mile ride so I thought I would count the road kill deer on the ride. I counted a total of 38 deer. 19 of those were bucks. I've seen more than this on my travels. Interstate 70 towards Columbus, Ohio is like a war zone this time of year. Its a shame how many deer get hit and its worse when you think about how many people are injuried or killed hitting game on the highways. :(
georgiaboy

Re: What a waste

Post by georgiaboy »

Sounds like they need to increase y'all,s tags!! :?
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
gogo

Post by gogo »

West Virginia is the same way , deer carcasses, blood splatter car and truck parts all over the highway. Dangerous driving in some states for sure.
rayman

Post by rayman »

Some interstates have high fences. Deer still get in there sometimes, but seems to cut down on it.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Sounds like you guys in those areas just need to put a big steel bumper guard/shield on the front of your trucks and "go huntin". :wink:

Come to think of it, maybe we found a way for Vixchix to keep harvesting deer each year. :D :lol:

On a serious note though, if there are that many road kills in the area, they seriously need to increase the tags/harvest in the area. :shock:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Well, I hear a lot of people from PA complaining that the Fish and Wildlife folks have issued too many tags in years past and now there aren't hardly any deer left in PA. Of course, I've also heard the same thing said about Ohio from hunters there :?: :?
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

Image This one was a real waste. That buck would have made a hunters dreams come true.
John
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

It's a shame for sure for that many to die that way! It's exspensive and dangerous for the drivers as well.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

same thing in NJ,A guy I know works at the landfill,he said they're bringing dump trucks full of deer into the landfill & I'm seeing them dead all over the road.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
bommer

Post by bommer »

That is a real shame, but it is so hard to find places to hunt in Penna. most of the private land has those yellow signs on all the trees { No Tresspasing} and if you ask to hunt you get the same answer NO. Just my opinion, that and a dollar will get you a small coffee. John
koko

Post by koko »

I agree with you boomer, southeast corner of PA where I come from is like that. Berks and Montgomery counties are totally different. But they are in the same WMU (5C). Berks doesn't have the deer Montgomery has. At least were I hunt. To many doe permits. You still can't hunt them where you can't get on. Where you can get on there are few deer left. My god you can hunt doe with some form of weapon from the middle of September to the end of January nonstop ( except Sundays).
2010 Equinox
Boo string with cat whiskers
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
with 100 grain 3 blade meat seekers
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

Looks like we should be hunting the interstates :D
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front