shot adeer and made a couple new freinds to boot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

shot adeer and made a couple new freinds to boot

Post by munch »

well i had a hard time crawling out of bed this morning i was up till 12 making a string for a fellows compound bow so the alarm went off at 420 and i almost said the heck with it but off i went.i have not been seeing deer in the field where i was siting and from my view point high in a tree a noticed about 800 yards away a truck drop someone off before light .i could not see them in a tree so was not sure where they where .turns out the guy was on the ground in a corn field by a road crossing .well this is the guys first day in the spot and i watch a doe come out of the bush and head in a straight line to him BOOM lucky duck.only he gut shot the deer i watched her return towards the bush i was in and could see her hunched up and knew it was a bad shot. i thought i would climb down and put an end to her but she spotted me and made a dash into the bush .a half mile latter i sneak up on her and knock her down then head back to find the guy and offer him the deer turned out to be 2 very nice retired fellows and we took my came cart back i gutted the deer and loaded it up and we wheeled it to there truck and loaded it .they offered to share it with me but i declined then wanted to take me out for lunch but i had work to do here today so headed home.i'm sure we will meet again and if i'm lucky i'm sure they will return the favour
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
DirtyGun

Re: shot adeer and made a couple new freinds to boot

Post by DirtyGun »

Always great when those encounters turn out to be so positive. Too many others end up being an argument over who shot the deer.

You did the right thing Terry!
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

Ya gotta like those encounters, mine are usually not so much fun. :(
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Good going Terry! Great to help out the others and you spared the deer some unnecessary suffering too.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
excalibrett

Post by excalibrett »

Nice job, Terry. Hopefully you will be rewarded with a buck sighting in the near future. :D :D :D
Excal Matrix 380
Leupold VX1 2-7x32
Black Eagles
Boo Strings
custom Munchmount

Strykezone 380
Hawke xb30
Black Eagles

Darton Lightning
Hawke xb30
Gold Tip Laser IVs
kurisu

Post by kurisu »

Hey Munch,

Sounds like you had a chance to be a teacher today! Good for you, glad to hear you had a productive day.
gogo

Post by gogo »

A good deed is never forgotten, Im sure if there around and you need help they will be first in line to do so. Some where along the line your kindness will be payed back, great post.
sinabar

Post by sinabar »

Way to go Bro. Good thing that you where there to help out.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Good for you and for them
It's always nice to help out when you can
Tenpoint Matrix
munch

Post by munch »

sinabar wrote:Way to go Bro. Good thing that you where there to help out.
the guy out back shot a ten point monday morning but said it had short tines so it's not the only one there.i stayed home and painted mounts and turned posts for munchmounts but i'm going a couple miles east of here in the morning normally the deer just pass threw the bush but may get lucky
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

Munch, you are a true sportsman. Congrats on helping like ya did good karma travels in a circle you will be rewarded for your efforts.
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Good job...you are a true sportsman sir. 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
maple

Post by maple »

Good behavior going on there Munch.

You did good. Others could learn a lesson from that.

Maple
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

great story ... story like that should be publish in hunting magazine
MUNCH ... i say to you ... you are trouly a great hunter and person ( bravo )
Denis
Last edited by denisdendenis on Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
munch

Post by munch »

munch wrote:well i had a hard time crawling out of bed this morning i was up till 12 making a string for a fellows compound bow so the alarm went off at 420 and i almost said the heck with it but off i went.i have not been seeing deer in the field where i was siting and from my view point high in a tree a noticed about 800 yards away a truck drop someone off before light .i could not see them in a tree so was not sure where they where .turns out the guy was on the ground in a corn field by a road crossing .well this is the guys first day in the spot and i watch a doe come out of the bush and head in a straight line to him BOOM lucky duck.only he gut shot the deer i watched her return towards the bush i was in and could see her hunched up and knew it was a bad shot. i thought i would climb down and put an end to her but she spotted me and made a dash into the bush .a half mile latter i sneak up on her and knock her down then head back to find the guy and offer him the deer turned out to be 2 very nice retired fellows and we took my game cart back i gutted the deer and loaded it up and we wheeled it to there truck and loaded it .they offered to share it with me but i declined then wanted to take me out for lunch but i had work to do here today so headed home.i'm sure we will meet again and if i'm lucky i'm sure they will return the favour
almost forgot the best part one had Halloween candy bars in his stash so we shared some of those .typical after halloween hunters i had a few the start of the week but this guy had the mother load LOL
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook