dahm deer now with story and pics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ohioexocetfan

Re: dahm deer now with story and pics

Post by ohioexocetfan »

Quite the story... great job! Seeing that pic with the cart reminds me that I need to find one of those somewhere before my son goes on his State of Ohio controlled youth hunt. No ATV's allowed, 3/4 mile walk from designated parking spot to woods! :?
THE ORIGINAL
Exocet 200
100g 1" Slick Tricks
GTII w/ 2" Blazer vanes
Boo "Ohio State" string

THE UPGRADE
Matrix 380
Hawke Pro 30
100g 2" Swhackers
18" Executioners w/ 2" Blazers
Mike Collins string
munch

Post by munch »

ohioexocetfan wrote:Quite the story... great job! Seeing that pic with the cart reminds me that I need to find one of those somewhere before my son goes on his State of Ohio controlled youth hunt. No ATV's allowed, 3/4 mile walk from designated parking spot to woods! :?
i welded that cart up from an old bbq one of those portable sun shades and a real estate sign and a cart you pull your kids behind a bike .cost was less than $10 it's one of the best diy projects i've done .load the deer my climber bow backpack and off i go .i made sure it will fit down between corn rows
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
roland

Post by roland »

hay terry where did you get the snow from I never seen any nice buck
peter p

Post by peter p »

Congratulations on a nice buck and yes that antler can be put back on by a taxidermist.
I have attached a few myself.
munch

Post by munch »

well i caped him with the help of a good friend yesterday.we where talking and both like the idea of a pedestal mount .also like the idea of a jumping deer .my friend is a bird carver and as won competitions with his work.he is very artistic so when we got to the taxidermy shop i asked if the fellow had ever done one.he was very excited when i asked he said he has wanted to do that for years but no one wanted the extra cost so i'm it we are going to try .he gave me some old cedar rails from a fence and my buddy and i are going to try and build a habitat this winter.if anyone has a rusty old no hunting sign i would love to buy one as part of this display .i have seen no trespassing but not a no hunting display
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

munch wrote:well when we got back my wife found his antler in the bean field i shot threw his ear and shot his horn off .what a downer.i took him in and my guy says its not a problem and he can fix it si i will be the only person that knows.what a relief .
Uh, hate to bust your bubble munch, but there's going to be at least 385 people that knows about the antler (385 = # of people who read this topic). :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the deer! He's a nice one! Maybe you can get the taxidermist to "fix" the antler but leave a crack and chip out of it in that spot. :wink: After all, that busted antler is part of the story and part of what you'll remember about the deer. :wink:

Snow on the ground, huh? :shock: It was 70 degrees down here in KY today. :lol: :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
munch

Post by munch »

Snow on the ground, huh? :shock: It was 70 degrees down here in KY today. :lol: :lol:
i would trade some of that snow to be able to hunt land between the lakes . we have been down to Cadiz a few times nice country nice people
one thing though you can keep the cotton mouth snakes hear there born with a bad attitude and it just gets worst
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook