how do you use your grunt and bleat call

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

how do you use your grunt and bleat call

Post by masboy »

I do what I hear most of the deer in my area do.I,ll roll my bleat about 3 times and grunt softly 3 short burps and then wait 15 min and really look and listen.I don,t like too keep doing it an have one looking at me while I,m doing it that's why I wait 15min and repeat. sometimes I will do longer soft grunts like I heard bucks do chasing a doe. I only get loud when a bucks in the field going away from me not responding too my soft grunts.I,ve called in more bucks this year than ever before. mabey because I, ve seen more this year. like too here what works for you.
papa bear1

Re: how do you use your grunt and bleat call

Post by papa bear1 »

I grunted soft & loud grunts at a realy nice 10 point and basket 8 .;; And they both ignored me like they never heard me :( . So i dont know if i said something wrong or what?? I tried grunting at a small 5 point and you would have thought i kicked him right square in the butt. :x so i don't know what to do :roll: So now i just sit and hope for the best :? :? I will read the replie's with great interest. :roll: :roll:

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
gogo

Post by gogo »

What works for me is three grunts and sometimes three grunts and three bleats. How do I know it works, every time I do it get busted from behind my stand. This getting busted problem will soon be rectified.
cuboodle

Post by cuboodle »

Ok I'm going to give a tip on what I did to my bleat can to make it way better. Only for this forum!! don't share it with anyone that's huntin near you. I took a UT knife and cut the holes around the edges be careful of cutting your digits and make sure no plastic falls into the can. Essentially your cutting off the top but leaving a rim. Then put a piece of masking tape over the hole in the back. Now you have a bleat can that sounds like no other you hold it upside down and use your finger to push in on the diaphragm on the edge, you can vary the tone and duration short or long calls that sound like a doe wanting to be bred. it's worked many times where I hunt.
Vortex
Rage 2 blade crossbow
Wyvern quiver mount
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i have 5/6 calls but i learned to use my own mouth to doe/fawn bleat and buck grunt and deer snorts :wink: ....less junk to carry with me........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.