O/T - What do you do for a living?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Yarak

Re: O/T - What do you do for a living?

Post by Yarak »

Management Consultant , specializing in productivity improvement, for over 30 years.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day, l'm an open cut minor, digging iron ore, l was in transport for many years but l'm well over it now. l work on a 2 & 1 roster 12 hours a day which is 7 day shifts 7 night shifts & 7 days off & l fly to work every two weeks & live at a mine camp. my work is 1200 klm's north of Perth western Australia at a mine called Christmas creek just north of a town called Newman owned by FMG
Last edited by blackjack on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
philman

Post by philman »

Welder/ Fitter.Building Locomotives I work for ElectroMotive Diesel Formerly GM but now owned by Caterpillar.
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

100% DAV Marine - worked in a prison to pay my way through college, but service residuals caught up to me and now I seldom leave the house. This is the extent of my socializing LOL
wayne

Post by wayne »

Work in E.M.S.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
leonk

Post by leonk »

This one is a great thread - thanks all.
It's quite amazing really.

I work in IT now, for about 20 years. Before that I worked a lot of odd jobs and lived and worked in 5-6 countries, visited about 35.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Thanks Big58Cal for a great thread. All the diverse interesting occupations we have here on the forum. Its like a brain trust. :D Knowledge abounds.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Past 20 years in transportation,, work with the elderly, mentally and physically challenged..
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
jakeinTX

Post by jakeinTX »

Graduated college with a degree in History and almost a minor in Outdoor Recreation. Sold cars for a few years at my families car dealership and then switched to financial services. I work for a company in San Antonio called U.S.A.A. in the Investment Area. I answer emails from our members when they ask questions about their investment accounts.

Jake
Will hunt for food!
Texas Crossbow Hunters Club
Michigan Crossbow Federation
birddog10

Post by birddog10 »

Associate degree in Wildlife Mgmt. B.S. in Parks Administration. Teaching Certificate in Elementary. Masters' degree in Teaching. All pieced together over 12 years. If I would have gone straight through I could have had a couple of doctorate degrees I figure :roll:
Currently a 4th Grade teacher. Used to drive a truck for an ice company and drove/delivered for a propane company.
redmandant

Post by redmandant »

Worked since high school building pools (bow chika wow, wow... hey pool boy :roll: ) funny how that never happens. Finally after 21yrs I decided to change things up a bit and be closer to my family. Thanks to my recently passed father I was able to open a hunting/fishing store in Orangeville and have been doing pretty well so far. And by the way, the first hunting supplier I contacted was Excalibur, the only X-bow I have ever owned.

RED
I know I can't spell but does it look like I CAIR!!!!!
gab

Post by gab »

Government of British Columbia biologist for the past 15 years. Before that whatever biology work I could find. If none was to be had, I painted houses, picked and sold worms for fish bait, carpentry work, and whatever else it took to pay the bills.
ohioexocetfan

Post by ohioexocetfan »

Have worked in the grain business since I left highschool. Right now I am managing grain elevators in Indiana, Ohio and Alabama. Used to actually work in the plant so fall hunting was tough to accomplish, now I'm in the office more so my weekends are free.. thank goodness!
THE ORIGINAL
Exocet 200
100g 1" Slick Tricks
GTII w/ 2" Blazer vanes
Boo "Ohio State" string

THE UPGRADE
Matrix 380
Hawke Pro 30
100g 2" Swhackers
18" Executioners w/ 2" Blazers
Mike Collins string
Dash

Post by Dash »

I currently have a simple job as a mechanic in the Hire industry. In the same company, I'm also part of a small division that do offshore Oil&Gas welltesting work in the top of Western Australia . But unfortunately on contract, no set time on/off roster yet.
I worked 10 years as a Marine engineer in the USA, Europe, Scandi,Caribbean on Superyachts for some of the worlds richest highfliers. Good job, great experiences. But its nice to be back home and have my simple life back, and not living on someone elses schedule anymore.
xbhntr

Post by xbhntr »

Been retired for 6 years from the " Steel Industry " . Worked as an Industrial Mechanic . Haven't hunted with the bow in the last 2 years . Body parts are worn , need tightening up , replaced or adjusted ; do it while you can ! ! Ray