O/T - What do you do for a living?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big58cal

O/T - What do you do for a living?

Post by Big58cal »

This may have already been done on here at one point, but I thought I would do it just to be sure. :wink:

With people on here from all over the world, I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone does for a living to "support" your Excalibur addiction. :lol:

I wish I could say that I had a respectable job like a piano player in a brothel, but I don't. :oops: My "paying" job is that I'm a packaging engineer/manufacturing support for a video game company. It pays the bills, has good benefits, my boss is pretty decent, and it gives me time to hunt/shoot. :wink: Don't ask me how I ended up here though, considering that I've got a B.S. in Wildlife Management and a Minor in Police Administration. :lol:

So what about the rest of you folks?
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
rayman

Re: O/T - What do you do for a living?

Post by rayman »

Big58cal wrote:I've got a B.S. in Wildlife Management
My wife was a wildlife ecology major. Ended up working in medical biology.

I majored in forestry and have my own small-time forestry company. Wouldn't trade for any other job in the world. Spend time about 1/3rd office, 1/3 riding around in truck checking crews and looking at jobs, 1/3 working in the woods cruising, marking, flagging property lines and so forth. Kind of hate hunting season because the woods all of a sudden get full of people who get mad and want to know what you are doing there. It's all good though. Usually end up talking for hours.
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

i have done a little of it all :D even garbage man in mid 70,s..had just got out of military with a wife and new baby to feed so i took the job i could get, i never heard of a thing called "unemployment checks" and i was eligable and did,nt know......Baptist preacher since 1984, taxidermy as profession since 77 and my knife making has been helping out for about 15 yrs
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

Switching Equipment Technician for Verizon for 30yrs, Maintain all types of equipment in the Central Office DSL, FIOS, MUXes, 5ess switch,etc...
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
Boo

Post by Boo »

I finished college with a Forestry Technician and Parks and Rec Technologist diplomas in 1977. I ended up being a BMW mechanic, then a BMW service manager at a dealership and now own a 4 technician shop that works on BMWs exclusively. I work 11 to 12 hours a day and it's a high stress, high pressure job!
As far as my string making goes it's a hobby. I make about 100 to 120 strings a year and between the give-aways and helping those in need I might even loose money.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Graduated as a commercial Pilot. Started an aviation company now own a broadcasting company and FM radio station. Still fly as a hobby and hopefully will combine that hobby with hunting soon.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

I got out of the 8th. grade in 1955. Went right to work logging for my dad to help support the family. Started driveing trucks when i turned 18. Done that till 1978 Went into my own business building houses and home repair /room additions/decks/plumbing/electric. Put in a lot of 7 day wks. 80-90 hrs. did that till 2010. :shock: Now i spend a lot of time hunting/fishing :D No degree's only 8th. grade education. Lots of HARD work :( :( Married / 3 sons Life was rough but i wouldn't change it for nothin :D

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
masboy

Post by masboy »

worked for my dad for years in the sawmill and logging business. then self employed logger and trucking after dad retired then worked at a quarry the last 14 years driving truck and heavy equipment.now off for 16 months with Lyme d. now my job is being nice to the wife because she makes all the money!!!!!
Last edited by masboy on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
whitetailseeker

Post by whitetailseeker »

Graduated college as an Instrumentaion Techncian and started in a papermill as a summer student and here I am 25yrs later still at it.

Whitetailseeker
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

papa bear1 wrote:No degree's only 8th. grade education. Lots of HARD work :( :(
Dave :)
As Ted Nugent says, "I didn't go to college because I was too busy learning stuff." :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Automotive manufacturing in Quality control soon to move to new area Materials handling.
Tenpoint Matrix
Normous

Post by Normous »

I'm just a factory worker. I have 23 years at Ford Motor Company working in the Powertrain division. I curently Work at the Windsor Essex Engine Plant that machines and assembles the 5.0 powerplant that powers the F150 and Mustang.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

last two years in high school 79/80 i had auto shop that lead to me working as auto tech till early 90's....then went to school for the carpenter trades and heavy equipment operator and got out of that field to get out of the elements in 03 and started working as a floor crew at walmart stripping and rewaxing floors till dec 05 when i got sick and had to have brain surgery aug 06, now i have been retired since then at 45 just as i planned on doing since i was in my 20's....just not the path i took to git-er-done :lol: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
rayman

Post by rayman »

enormous wrote:I'm just a factory worker. I have 23 years at Ford Motor Company
You could get a new truck one piece at a time like Johny Cash. :)
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

pump jockey! works for tips. :lol: (hank hill's dad, from king of the hill)

I never really figured out what to do with my life. I gravitated towards cars like a lot of young guys do. I ended up at a general repair shop servicing all makes/models, diesel, trucks. Got my class A service tech license and continued at the same place for 13 years. 5 years ago I teamed up with a bro inlaw who had his own small shop, moved locations to a new 50x80 shop behind my residence. I love being close to my 4 young kids, thought after doing that I would see them more, but like boo says... Days are long. Can't remember the last time I had dinner with them as a family.
Last edited by one shot scott on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-