String Waxing?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

airborne

String Waxing?

Post by airborne »

I've just ordered some accessories for my new "Phoenix" from a vendor that was recommended on this forum.

When I said I wanted some wax, he told me to wax the string, but not the serving or the rail. When I stated that the instructional video claimed the serving should be waxed, he emphatically said "NO". When I asked why, he said that it is nothing more than a dirt magnet and could jam up the trigger assembly!

Excalibur owners, what do you do?

Thanks!
scratcherky

Re: String Waxing?

Post by scratcherky »

I wax my string and serving but not the rail. I believe Excalibur knows more about their bows than anyone else.
Man and man's best friend still looking at the green side of sod.
Boo

Post by Boo »

The issue that Danny has is that when some people have been instructed to wax their serving they over do it and bugger up the trigger mechanism with wax. So to err on the safe side the word is no wax.
Waxes like Dalton 2000 if used properly will not build up and cause any issues. VERY LITTLE WAX IS NEEDED! Just enough to make the serving look shiny.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

deleted
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Boo wrote:The issue that Danny has is that when some people have been instructed to wax their serving they over do it and bugger up the trigger mechanism with wax. So to err on the safe side the word is no wax.
Waxes like Dalton 2000 if used properly will not build up and cause any issues. VERY LITTLE WAX IS NEEDED! Just enough to make the serving look shiny.

Ya just enough is the word.
I use Dalton's as well best stuff I have used yet, I find it being a soft wax it penetrates better than some of the harder waxes that just seem to stay on the surface of the string
Tenpoint Matrix
Panhandler80

Post by Panhandler80 »

I picked up some wax and mine is of the "hard" variety. I rub it up and down the string and then rub with my thumb and forefinger creating enough friction to heat the wax / string. Once heated the serving and string more readily accept the wax.

Now, question. Different, but along the same lines.. My serving has two little indentations where the two clasps grab the string. When I re-wax using technique described above the indentations are lessened, but of course return after being shot / cocked.
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I've been using Dalton's since the summer. Some guy at Boostock was handing it out?? :wink: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

j.krug wrote:I've been using Dalton's since the summer. Some guy at Boostock was handing it out?? :wink: :lol:
Does this sound like other substances from the 70's? "Oh, a guy gave me some and I've been using ever since!" Boostock really was a ROCKING place this summer,huh!
Dash

Post by Dash »

I pulled my trigger apart to polish the latch after my first years shooting. Over a couple of thousand shots, as I do a lot of target practice and competition events too. I've always waxed my string and serving well. But I never found any wax inside the trigger at all. I can only assume there has been people who went "well overboard" with the waxing, and led to these negative opinions about wax circulating from time to time.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Could someone tell me were you are ordering Dalton 2000 from?

I tried a few places, they say they normally carry it but currently not in stock.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
Dash

Post by Dash »

G'day hikerman,
I think I got some from wyvern creations last time.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

flightattendant100 wrote:
j.krug wrote:I've been using Dalton's since the summer. Some guy at Boostock was handing it out?? :wink: :lol:
Does this sound like other substances from the 70's? "Oh, a guy gave me some and I've been using ever since!" Boostock really was a ROCKING place this summer,huh!
No, it's just wax....no really....honest, it's just wax I swear!! :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

You can always go to the source (dalton archery) directly if your local or favorite shop is out. They seem like great folks but leave yourself lots of time as Dale likes to talk and is a wealth of info. Their # is 5099945831 in case anyone needs it.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I wax my string when i think about it maybe every 4 months or so. The claws cause the indentions to string with all the weight it holds back. Servings n string be softer than metal. I use jigaloo on a rag n wipe down the rail deck with it & let it dry before i shoot it. Daltons is good on center serving & some day i will purchase some.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I wax a new string multiple times until won't take any more.
I spray silicone on the deck and wipe down.
I do rotate the string to get the most out of the serving.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"