Got a Question - More Big Bucks This Year?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big58cal

Got a Question - More Big Bucks This Year?

Post by Big58cal »

OK, is it just me or does there seem to be more big bucks that are being taken this year than years past? There's a site pretty much specific to KY that I check and it's loaded with deer that will easily make Boone & Crocket this year. Also, it seems like it's not just isolated to KY. There seems to be more big ones posted on here too.

What do you all think? :?:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
koko

Re: Got a Question - More Big Bucks This Year?

Post by koko »

Sorry to say not where I hunt in Pennsylvania I have to say no. I have only seen one buck over 5 points in the last 2 years. That was on the first day of archery season last year. This year I hunted every night of the 6 week archery season except 2 ( 1 rain and 1 snow) I saw 5 buck, but nothing over 4 points. Antler restrictions aren't working where I hunt in PA . What I see is smaller buck and fewer deer and hunting alot harder and getter more frustrated.
2010 Equinox
Boo string with cat whiskers
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
with 100 grain 3 blade meat seekers
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

I have not seen one buck other than in picture form posted here or of the one my son sent me. I have seen does - and more of them. But I haven't seen anything in over a month or so.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

The biggest buck i've seen this year was the scraggly 7pt i stuck. We just haven't been seeing the big boy's...it's been hot and VERY DRY!! Not a good recipe for deer huntin. :cry:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
End of the road

Post by End of the road »

Where I am in British Columbia I have only seen a couple bucks all season including the dink I got over the weekend. Figured with the end of our season coming up he was good enough. The rut seems pretty late this year up here.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

We had a pretty good crop of acorns last fall, a pretty mild winter, and a good spring, so that will probably explain why we've got them around here this year. A couple of my friends down in Georgia though took some pretty decent bucks though as well this year. From what I've seen and heard, there doesn't seem to be "as many" bucks, but what is being seen are some good ones.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Trx480Ryan

Post by Trx480Ryan »

My buddy got a nice 8 pointer this year, locally, no record breaker but a real nice size one for our area,
2011 Excalibur Equinox With Quiver and Varizone
Remington 870 With Camera Mount
Ruger 10/22 With Scope and See through Mounts
2004 Trx450r with a little work.
1995 Ranger with a little work.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I'd say it's about normal around here. Doe to buck ratio must be 5 to 1 and it makes for a silent rut. Gary
rayman

Post by rayman »

On my small lease, we have killed the 3 best-racked bucks since I first got the lease 5 years ago. Could just be my small lease though. Two were killed in bow season and that was prime rutt. Mostly over now. Haven't bow hunted that property before. That could expain it. Don't know about overall in the area.
Broadside

Post by Broadside »

The only buck I've seen all year was a small one my dad got on our first day hunting. Haven't even seen a buck on the trail cams this year. Lots of scrapes though, so I know they're around!
gogo

Post by gogo »

A few 10 pointers and a 12 pointer were shot in our area that I am aware of. We seem to have big bucks going thru all the time the problem is getting them into bow range. We also have huge does, same story they stay out of bow range.