"Recurve...Simply Perfect"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MarkMarine

"Recurve...Simply Perfect"

Post by MarkMarine »

I noticed this morning as I was signing on to answer a PM the Excalibur motto, "Recurve...Simply Perfect" and it gave me pause. I bounced that phrase around in my head and, though I have seen it many times, this time it echoed around my skull..."simply perfect".

I weighed that phrase against the reality of Excalibur. Each know there is nothing under the sun fashioned by the hands of man that is truly perfect - and Excalibur is no exception.

The first time your newborn smiles - that's perfect

The first time a lover's lips brush against your own - that's perfect

The first time practice meets skill and conjoin with a bullseye in the vitals - that's perfect

Many of us have modified (in some small measure) our Excaliburs. Whether it is a Boo String, a Munch Mount, a Dereck Iron-Sight to simply deburring the trigger release or adding another scope beyond Excal's. BUT, does that mean Excalibur is so far from perfection it requires us to do so?

NO!

What it means is Bill Troubridge constructed something akin to ourselves: simple. I believe the most attractive feature is that simplicity of design which has withstood the test of the ages. We feel a kinship, a calling inside, to embrace the model which most closely parallels the type of crossbow carried by yeomen in battle, Romans in conquest...or the poor lad who was charged with providing food for his impoverished family.

Each and everyone of us was not born perfect except in the hands of He whom fashioned us in the womb and in perfection wrought us into being as He, above any and all, is truly perfect. We thus were not mistakes, but the byproduct of love: spilled in passion and conceived in desire.

By similar passion, Bill brought into being the product of his fantasy. He desired something better than what was then available. He took inspiration within and through the labors of his hands designed without something we all can be proud of - Excalibur.

Is it any wonder of all the crossbows produced there is no more loyal following than we who are patrons of Excalibur? Some have fallen on hard times and are forced by circumstance to sell what they coveted to possess. But all whom have owned, whom have fired, and, aye, whom have hunted with Excals never forget the feeling of one in their hands. Why?

It's simple, Excalibur not only enables us but indeed is so forgiving it perfects our imperfect abilities to the point we become more successful than we would (or could) otherwise be.

I am thankful to Bill for his brainchild. I am thankful to those whom have added to his baby through modifications that further enhance my ability to gather food; and I am thankful for all those who lend their wisdom through conveyance of their own experiences - by your endeavors we all learn.

Happy Thanksgiving
MarkMarine

Re: "Recurve...Simply Perfect"

Post by MarkMarine »

I just got a call from the hospital that they pulled the life-support, medicines, and IVs from my Dad. I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, but I will be away now setting watch, making funeral arrangements, and trying to cope with the loss.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Excellant post mark...well said!! :D
May the lord bless you...i know the next few days will be hard for you & your family. :(
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Great post! Prayers sent for you/familyyour Dad, BTDT w/ my Ma.
"Eze 18:21"
Normous

Post by Normous »

Patti and I send Prayers for your father.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

May your father find peace and your sorrow be short.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

MarkMarine wrote:I noticed this morning as I was signing on to answer a PM the Excalibur motto, "Recurve...Simply Perfect" and it gave me pause. ........................
Man, you have way toooooooo much time on your hands. :lol: Suffice it to say that I agree with you. :D

MarkMarine wrote:I just got a call from the hospital that they pulled the life-support, medicines, and IVs from my Dad. I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, but I will be away now setting watch, making funeral arrangements, and trying to cope with the loss.
Sorry to hear about your dad. :( Just know that if/when he does pass, he'll be far better off up there than we are down here. From what I understand of everything, the Good Lord put far more things up there than he did down here. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Mark marine you have just humbled me more than word's can say :( I answered another thread about the way i feel about my excal :( you just explained how i feel about my equinox :wink: only you put it in truer word's :wink: THANK YOU !!!! aM TERRIBLY sorry to hear of your father :( It's something we all go through but it is never aesy :( GOD will be w/you and your family at this time,, My prayers are with you and your family !!! GOD BLESS

Dave :(
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

So sorry to hear of your father. Even when you expect it, it's never easy.

My God grant you peace and comfort as you go through the difficult hours ahead.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

sorry to hear about your Dad Mark..it,s never a good time for family
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Great post Mark, sorry to hear about your father. Prayers sent for you and your family.
Crispy
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

sorry to hear about you father.i don't have the words but you and yours will be in my thought's
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

So very sorry to hear about your dad; prayers are sent on your behalf; May God grant peace.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Mark, My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

You always manage to see the right side of things Mark.

You and your father will be in our thoughts.
Tenpoint Matrix