Anyone Know About "Sail" Hunting Stores?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Galgo

Anyone Know About "Sail" Hunting Stores?

Post by Galgo »

Just found out that two will be opening in Southern Ontario around the GTA and we really need some more selection around here. Looked at their catalogue and they do have some different product at reasonable prices. Anyone know anything about them? Looks like they are Quebec based.
DRAINO

Re: Anyone Know About "Sail" Hunting Stores?

Post by DRAINO »

There is one opening in Oshawa at the end of the month. Not sure about the store it self. Never been in one myself. I think Gagon in Oshawa would be the better store. Thats were I just bought my excal and Craig was great to deal with. He had to order my bow and was able to get with in days.
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

The Ottawa store is pretty good to deal with. They carry a great deal of stuff and dont mind ordering in items for you. We dont have a basspro here in Ottawa so Sail sure does help. Sail is where my Excal Ibex came from so I cant say anything bad, the guy new his stuff about bows, and I saved the tax for signing up for there VIP membership (free). They do special promo's for VIP customers like that through out the year.

Matt
FJB

Post by FJB »

DRAINO wrote:There is one opening in Oshawa at the end of the month. Not sure about the store it self. Never been in one myself. I think Gagon in Oshawa would be the better store. Thats were I just bought my excal and Craig was great to deal with. He had to order my bow and was able to get with in days.
I bought my daughters Pink Vixen there from Craig. Oustanding person.
Gagnons is my choice too.
Rogue_wave

Post by Rogue_wave »

Hi From what I heard the couple that owned Le Barons split up. In the divorce the wife got to keep the Le Baron's stores. The husband opened up his own stores......Sail. If you check out the webite it's actually called Sail Lebaron. I had a look thru their website and they seem to carry a great deal of stuff. I have also heard thru the grape vine that Cabelas will build a sore in the Vaughn area within the next couple of years. In my humble opinion if Cabelas comes to the GTA say good bye to Bass Pro, Sail and Le Baron's. :mrgreen:

cheers

R/W
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

ottawacats wrote:The Ottawa store is pretty good to deal with. They carry a great deal of stuff and dont mind ordering in items for you. We dont have a basspro here in Ottawa so Sail sure does help. Sail is where my Excal Ibex came from so I cant say anything bad, the guy new his stuff about bows, and I saved the tax for signing up for there VIP membership (free). They do special promo's for VIP customers like that through out the year.

Matt
X2 My equinox came from Sail did save the tax on it . all good ...
Denis
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

Where I also bought by Excal - saved the HST tax so that was a no brainer. Also got my VERY nice Plano hardcase there as well, same deal.

For those who haven't looked online yet, the link is http://www.sail.ca .Pretty extensive catalogue & I know that they have more in the store then what's listed there.

They'll also match any advertised price. I even got them to agree to sell me Benelli Vinci Cordoba for the same price as another smaller retailer eventhough it was only via email and not a printed / online advertised price.

The only problem is if you ever want to talk technical with some of the staff there. Some are quite knowledgeable (a lot came over from LeBaron when Sail opened), but the rest of them are part-time employees with absolutely no technical knowledge in their department. Which is why I ALWAYS go see my local guy first and give him as much business as I can. Some items he can match, some he's $300 off, but that's the nature of the big box store. I don't believe that Sail has gunsmiths on location, so another thing to consider.

Rogue_wave -Where did you see the reference of LeBaron on Sail's website? I don't think the franchise would allow that, but I could be wrong.

Rogue_wave -Where did you see the reference of LeBaron on Sail's website? I don't think the franchise would allow that, but I could be wrong.

GagnonSport in Oshawa is another great store for sure.

B
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I have a friend who's been to one and thought it was pretty cool. I haven't been there but hope to check out the one in Oshowa the next time I'm near. I'm in Brockville right now but if it's not open yet I'll have to wait till I'm up this way again.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

Should also add that Sail carries a pretty extensive inventory of fishing gear, camping gear, tons of clothing, footwear & then some more - so it's not just a hunting store.

Rogue_wave

Post by Rogue_wave »

I can not find the link to Lebaron"s anymore. I think it came up with it when I did the google search. As far as the LeBaron name goes, I heard that the former owners last name is Le Baron.

Cheers

R/W
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

I know that a number of employees who worked at LeBaron are now working at Sail.

Not sure if the pay is better or if the management they liked is now there, but there's a few that I've recognised for sure.

I still love going to my local store better. Picked up a new pair of IrishSetter Elk Tracker (600gr) leather boots on Saturday. Since i'm a good customer I got a nice discount and a tax-in price, something you'd NEVER get from a big box store.

If any of you are in the Ottawa-Gatineau region and are looking for a great store (been in business for over 30years), I'd strongly recommend you check out L'Archerot @ http://www.lachasse.ca/#!__welcome . I cannot say enough get things about them.

terrym

Post by terrym »

There are actually 2 stores opening in the GTA this week. One in Oshawa and another not too far from Basspro in Vaughn. They have several stores in Quebec and seem like a successful chain. This might just do in Lebarons and thier pathetic customer service and surly employees.
Phoenix
Boo string
Dan Miller quiver mount
STS
Varizone
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/linderhof/iceage.gif[/img]
peter p

Post by peter p »

Do they sail firearms and ammo?
I don't see anything on their website.
tat4life

Post by tat4life »

peter p wrote:Do they sail firearms and ammo?
I don't see anything on their website.
YES THEY DO,I WAS IN THERE THE OTHER DAY AND HAVE ATLEAST 100 FIREARMS ON DISPLAY AND LOTS OF AMMO... 8)
2010 Equinox,Lumizone,munch mount,munch custom arrows,munch string..Rage 2blade
tat4life

Post by tat4life »

[quote="Rogue_wave"]I can not find the link to Lebaron"s anymore. I think it came up with it when I did the google search. As far as the LeBaron name goes, I heard that the former owners last name is Le Baron.

Cheer
http://www.lebaron.ca/english/main.htm
2010 Equinox,Lumizone,munch mount,munch custom arrows,munch string..Rage 2blade