Ozone Generator

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Ozone Generator

Post by Farmer »

Wondering if anyone has used one . Have heard from car detailers that it gets rid of all odors in a used car . ( cigarette smoke etc ) Have heard they use them to make hunting garments sent free . Any one here have any experience with them ?
Big58cal

Re: Ozone Generator

Post by Big58cal »

Haven't used them, but like you, I've heard that they work. I just can't justify the cost of one personally. I use plastic tubs with cedar and oak pieces and parts in them to store my stuff. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I would really like to try that thing out. I swear they can smell the drugs coming out of me. I think its a good investment because I stink! :lol: Seriously since I have been on heavy meds any deer down wind nails me. I think they should sponser me. I would conseder it. Yes Yes Yes!!! Better start saving my coins.
Dash

Post by Dash »

We used to use ozone generators to try and kill the smell from the Grey/black water tanks on the boats. They're basically a little "fishtank pump" in a big fancy cabinet that throws an arc on the air outlet port to change the structure of molecules in the air. They were worth thousands. But never made an ounce of difference to the smell though. In theory they will should work, but it also depends on the size unit and how its setup to disperse the ozone.
I haven't seen what setup they use on clothes. It imagine it would be hard to get good ozone flow through your clothes enough to make a good difference as they only put out such a small volume.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have been wondering if I could find a used one on ebay and rig it into my hunting clothes cabinet . Would use it in my pick up as well . Did not have my hearing aids in --- had a buck bomb doe in esterous can in the cargo pocket of my hunting pants --- cap fell off --- whats that whistle - huh snif sniff OH CRAP :oops: :shock: . Would try in my pick up 1st . No one seems to want to ride with me right now for some reason :lol:
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

I have had 2 of the mcd 50's and am now using the cds 16 in my hottub, Not sure if these are what you are asking about but ozone is ozone. This is where i buy mine for my hot tub.
http://www.hottubessentials.ca/Hot-Tub-Ozonators.html
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i have never used one.i don't do anything but hunt the wind.i stay on the ground.no blinds.the older i get the lazier i get the more i carry in the more i have to carry out. :D it works for me. :D
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

My son and a couple of his buddies use the ones that install above you in a treestand. They swear by them and they do take some real nice bucks..

Being on fixed income I cant afford one... :(
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
dsal

Post by dsal »

I use the log6 and it does work. Put my clothes in a container and turn it on. All odors are gone. Keep the clothes in the container until I get in the field. Also use in the closet, duffel bags. And in my truck. As of now I like it , but I still play the wind as much as I can , its just another helping hand. I just don't spray myself down as much now a days
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

Woody Williams wrote:My son and a couple of his buddies use the ones that install above you in a treestand. They swear by them and they do take some real nice bucks..

Being on fixed income I cant afford one... :(
http://ozonicshunting.com/

I was wondering if these things worked. May have to save up.
John
agingcrossbower

Dang! I was hoping it was a this years super special thing but by the reviews here it has some legs to it. Better start saving. :wink:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

:idea:

My hot tub has an ozonator too. Im washing my clothes in there from now on.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
agingcrossbower

Cheapest price I could fine was at;http://www.farmsteadarchery.com/ Price is 379.00 shipped with coupon good till 11/30/2011. Not cheap but if you stink like I do with deer it might be the answer. :wink: