The XAct Broadhead

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kill-m

The XAct Broadhead

Post by kill-m »

Hey guys...question please and a real dumb one too, but are those Excal XAct broadheads already put together when you purchase them? My buddy called and said the instructions on them were very confusing but the heads look to be ready to go?
Thanks in advance for your help and Jim will certainly appreciate it also.
vixenmaster

Re: The XAct Broadhead

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup they're put together & shouldn't be hard to put on arrows
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
kill-m

Post by kill-m »

Thanks! I just called my buddy and told him. He is relieved and ready to hunt with his new Excal.
picasso

Post by picasso »

All ready yo go and from my own experience.....work great!
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

It is very easy to change the blades on the X-Act broad heads. Just follow the directions.
Raymond
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

These are great flying heads. I like the diameter of the cut, I like how they are deployed. What needs improvement is where the clips go through the aluminum part of the head to hold the blades in place. The alum is thin and 2 out of three heads I used are wrecked from impact with a rib. If they beef it up in that area they would have a Broadhead that is reusable with just a blade swap.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
geswot

Post by geswot »

I have purchased the XACT Mechanical broad heads for my Excalibur Vortex and I would like confirmation. These 100 grain mechanicals are supposed to fly as accurately as the 150 grain field tips right?
Boo

Post by Boo »

When you change the weight of the broadhead or field tip you've changed the dynamics of arrow flight so the answer is your POI will have changed a minor amount at short distances and your consistency may have changed.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
billygoat

Post by billygoat »

These broadheads are made by sullivan industries im pretty sure just rebranded for excal. Ive used them and they fly great with a big cutting diameter when they open. I use them on a heavy foc arrow as you can only get them in 100grain. I think a total weight of 420 odd is good.
Equinox 225lb with S5 system
ShadowZone scope
Gold tip laser II - Firebolts - Horton lightning strike w luminoks.
Excalibur x-act 100g -Magnus stinger buzzcut 100g
If you love something set it free if it doesnt come back hunt it down and kill it!!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I use em, the POI is the same as my field tips, but the head was wrecked after shooting my deer(hit bone) I will use them again next year.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Bolt Outdoors

Post by Bolt Outdoors »

I also used the 100 gr XAct mechanical and satisfied so far ....but I am brand new to crossbow hunting this fall so take my opinion lightly. I was a bit concerned if the POI would be the same as the 100 grain field points, but my first (and only) shot at a buck was spot on. I was actually hoping to get a smaller size deer first to see how everything would work out, but as luck would have it my first broadside shot with the Excalibur Matrix brought down a 10 pointer who was easily over 200 lbs, so sticking with the XAct!
Matrix Bulldog 380
geswot

Post by geswot »

Thanks guys for your help. Will try them out! A friend suggested I try some 100 grain field points too to see if there is a difference.
geswot

Post by geswot »

Congrats on the 10 point and I am new myself so still figuring this all out.