Yrs of Trying BH's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Yrs of Trying BH's

Post by vixenmaster »

Well after yrs of shooting diff BH's & testing this n that, i have decided i have had enuff of it. Some of the BH's were fantastic but cost more than i can afford on a one shot & ruined BH! So i have one Nap Spitfire left thats been used to kill a deer & Couple of Razortricks of same usuage. So i will buy & use just Razortricks from now on as soon as i use up the one Spitfire. I have been getting mine off fleabay fer $20 a pak of 3 including shippin & i can afford to ruin each BH at that cost! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Raymond

Re: Yrs of Trying BH's

Post by Raymond »

That is a good price have you got an address to post?
Thanks,
Raymond
lscha

Post by lscha »

I always used Slick Trick magnums and love them. Is there a difference in how those Razor Tricks fly? I see they look a little different but what would you say is the biggest difference (besides the price)? Why are they cheaper?
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Laura, the diff is it uses a small screw thru the ferrule to hold the blades & it uses no weight collar & it has .40 blade thickness. Cheaper i just happen to catch some on sale off of fleabay. $20 is $8 a pak cheaper than the Spitfires.
Half Bubble Off BD360

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You can get the Spitfires for about the same price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NAP-Spitfire-12 ... 35b7596f8e
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

treestandcity is the dealer on fleabay. They're out of stock right now. Thar should be some good deals starting in Jan. Just have to ck there every day or so
Half Bubble Off BD360

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Personally I'd stay with the Spitfires...

The bloodtrail on my buck this year was wide and short.. less than 50 yards at a dead run - just the way we like them.. :D
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

BTW - the price of gas running back and forth bunting is the biggy for me. Broadhead cost doesn't come out in the top twenty of my hunting costs..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Woody Williams wrote:Personally I'd stay with the Spitfires...

The bloodtrail on my buck this year was wide and short.. less than 50 yards at a dead run - just the way we like them.. :D
Hey Woody, hope all is good wid you. I shot my big 5 pt at 6 yds wid the Spitfire, got top of heart & both lungs. Booger ran 80 yds & piled up down at the bottom of a ravine/hollow :lol: So weren't no short easy blood trail fer me. I did hear him pile up in the quite morning as darkness was fading
Half Bubble Off BD360

Gregoire1960

Post by Gregoire1960 »

I'm still shooting Wasp 130gr Cam-locs and have no desire to change any time soon, even though they aren't made anymore. As long as the blades aren't destroyed after the shot there is no reason not to re-use them. I simply touch them up with my KME broadhead sharpening kit. Only takes a few minutes per broadhead and they are at least as sharp as they were out of the package.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

vixenmaster wrote:Well after yrs of shooting diff BH's & testing this n that, i have decided i have had enuff of it. Some of the BH's were fantastic but cost more than i can afford on a one shot & ruined BH! So i have one Nap Spitfire left thats been used to kill a deer & Couple of Razortricks of same usuage. So i will buy & use just Razortricks from now on as soon as i use up the one Spitfire. I have been getting mine off fleabay fer $20 a pak of 3 including shippin & i can afford to ruin each BH at that cost! :lol:
You could just shoot fewer deer!????! Not much fun huh.From my limited experience if it says "trick" on the end it'll shoot pretty darn well.
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Razor Tricks shot great for me. I didn't stick with then no real reason. I was testing the NAP Hellrazors at the same time. And had more of them and they shot just as good.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Maybe i should just buy several dz. this coming yr of the Razortricks n Spitfires. They do shoot the same spot wid me arrow setup, which is min of deer out to 40 yds.
Half Bubble Off BD360

masboy

Post by masboy »

I think I,m going two try some razer tricks they sure look good and a steel head because I done bent two of my Magnus aluminum heads one on a deer and one in the ground. I like the cut on impact heads.that sucks when you put a new blade in and it wobbles !
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i have only used two kinds of BH's since 1982....started out with bear razorheads 145gr two blade with bleeder inserts, anyone remember those :wink: ....then i went to slick tricks 125gr mags when they came out after bear changed there razorheads, that weren't broke :roll: and won't use anything else at this time :wink: ....you guys here have seen the holes in my deer from those tricks i use that fly great out to 50 yards from my exocet, why use anything else???.......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.