vortex tear down

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

vortex tear down

Post by masboy »

took every thing apart on my vortex to clean after hunting in the rain a lot and I mean everything . cleaned and done a real trigger job better than my last with more polishing than before and better fitting. got rid of most of the slack and shot it.(fine trigger now!!!!) trigger was clean inside after all the rIn I hunted in.be getting a lot of little splinters from my camo finish for a long time and just pulling them off and sanding smooth . limbs look like a car in the body shop but still shot great. but today found a small splinter on the edge of one of my limbs and was not just the finish . also filled the rail with spray foam while I had it apart and cut off my dissipated bars and used the pad screws in my scope mount bracket and they work much better than the others.I guess I,ll call Dan about my limbs don,t know if it,s safe too shoot.even gave the safety more of a positive click and now works much better than before.
See4miles

Re: vortex tear down

Post by See4miles »

Sounds like you really got down to business! You're right to cal Danny, better to be safe than sorry with the limbs. Let us know what he reccomends on that issue.

And could you notice any sound or vibration difference with the rail filled with foam, or haven't you shot yet due to the limbs?

Also, I'm not sure I understand the cutting off the dissipator bars? what was the purpose of that?
In the Wind.......
tat4life

Post by tat4life »

Also, I'm not sure I understand the cutting off the dissipator bars? what was the purpose of that?

x2?
2010 Equinox,Lumizone,munch mount,munch custom arrows,munch string..Rage 2blade
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

Sorry to hear about your limbs but just call Dave or excalibur and you will have a new set very quickly;
masboy

Post by masboy »

seems too have less twang with the foam in too me but I don,t hear too well so ??? I have the s5 on now so I just cut off the bars don,t know why just seemed like the thing too do at the time??? called Dan and he was off hunting today but some lady said just send them back and a new set will be on there way.can,t beat that! I sent them off today .
strider23

Post by strider23 »

Back in mid October I was finishing a Saturday morning hunt and slinging my Vortex when my glove snagged a splinter on a limb. After climbing down from my stand I checked the limb and found there was a 2" long splinter that progressed from the finish down into the fiberglass of the limb. Couldn't for the life of me figure where that happened. It's never been dropped, banged against anything, never exposed to heat, etc... So I gave Danny Miller a call when I got home and he said to break the splinter off and sand the jagged edge down or cover it with a small piece of duct tape and that I could still hunt with it til the end of deer season or I could send the whole riser (or limbs only) back for some replacement limbs.

I already had one deer in the freezer so I figured I could put hunting on hold for a little bit. I removed both limbs and sent them priority mail on Monday or Tuesday. In Friday's mail was a new replacement set of limbs that I installed and test fired that afternoon. My arrows still shot dead center!!!! Next morning I shot a buck and filled my unrestricted tag.

:D :D :D :D This kind of customer service from both Danny and Excalibur are why I bought their product and will continue to do so in the future. :D :D :D :D
strider23

Post by strider23 »

Here is a picture of the splinter that I found on my Vortex. Thanks again to Mr. Miller for taking care of the issue, no questions asked and outstanding service. :D

Crossbow225lb

Post by Crossbow225lb »

Does Mr miller work for Excalibur? Sorry guys, kinda new so imI confused when I hear names.

Thanks
Crossbow225lb
-DEER CRUSHER-
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Crossbow225lb wrote:Does Mr miller work for Excalibur? Sorry guys, kinda new so imI confused when I hear names.

Thanks
Crossbow225lb
He's their rep on the U.S side of the border...stand up guy!! :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Crossbow225lb

Post by Crossbow225lb »

Thanks georgiaboy!

Crossbow225lb
-DEER CRUSHER-
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

His shop is at his home, he makes all of Excals strings, the 'some lady' was his wife, and his number [no puters for him] is [740] 483-2312.

World's nicest guy, loves to bullsh!t and is very opinionated. I've learned to listen close, lol.
"Eze 18:21"