My first Euro mount

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Re: My first Euro mount

Post by Carnivorous »

Thanks for all the great comments.

Here is a pic of my 8 point taken with my Ibex in Early November. I just pulled it out of the paint thinner soak.This is before applying the bleaching agent. It looks pretty white already.

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Nice 8 point there Jeff. It looks good.

Thanks for the play by play on how to do it. I may give it a go with my bear scull. If not there's a guy in Gesto that does the beetle thing. We'll see how ambitious I am?? :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

j.krug wrote:Nice 8 point there Jeff. It looks good.

Thanks for the play by play on how to do it. I may give it a go with my bear scull. If not there's a guy in Gesto that does the beetle thing. We'll see how ambitious I am?? :)

Sounds good Jim. A buddy told me the local taxidermy guy's charge almost $200.00 for a complete Euro mount. I am glad I did it myself. Besides I am broke from all my hunting trip's this year... LOL
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
j.krug wrote:Nice 8 point there Jeff. It looks good.

Sounds good Jim. A buddy told me the local taxidermy guy's charge almost $200.00 for a complete Euro mount. I am glad I did it myself. Besides I am broke from all my hunting trip's this year... LOL
Ya, there's a lot of money to be saved doing it yourself. I have the skull to get done and a bear hide I want to get tanned. The skull I may do myself but the hide will have to go to a taxidermist.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
lscha

Post by lscha »

That looks great! If I ever get one worth putting on the wall, I'll see if I can get the hard work done by a professional then do the bleaching myself so I can get the shadow effect you have. Nice!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Awesome mount!! I love the boarder around the room as well nice. :D
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.