Tink's smokin sticks?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bullfood

Tink's smokin sticks?

Post by bullfood »

Bought some all season smokin sticks to try next week when my crossbow season finally starts. Anybody have luck w/these and any suggestions as to how to use them would be appreciated. The area I will be hunting is bush, field, meadow and swamp
I can't bait as the farmer has yet to remove his cattle which seems to get later every year.

thanks Bullfood
exocet 175
varizone
Flemish Dyna Flight
Fire bolts
150 gr bolt cutters
Bullet74

Re: Tink's smokin sticks?

Post by Bullet74 »

I've used the smoking sticks a few times, i'm not sure if they work or not, but it's a great tool to determine where the wind is coming from. I take a coffee can drill 12 holes around the bottom edge of the can, then I drill 6, (1/2") holes about 1 inch from the top of the can. I then light 2 sticks, and flip the can over them. Hope this helps.

Marc
A BAD DAY HUNTING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Bullet74 wrote:I've used the smoking sticks a few times, i'm not sure if they work or not, but it's a great tool to determine where the wind is coming from. I take a coffee can drill 12 holes around the bottom edge of the can, then I drill 6, (1/2") holes about 1 inch from the top of the can. I then light 2 sticks, and flip the can over them. Hope this helps.

Marc
Great idea :roll: LET IT RAIN /SNOW :wink:

Dave :lol:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
mailman1

Post by mailman1 »

I had a 6 pointer come in and I could see the smoke going right to him and he never came near it or he wasn't even curious. I'm thinking you can go to a smoke shop and just buy a package of apple smelling sticks and try that.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I have a friend here at work (yes I'm at work right now. :) ) who likes to use them as a cover scent more so than an attractant. I've never used them but he likes them.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

They are excellent for the cover scent you need; but try the Buck Bomb - Doe in Estrous - Tinks puts out too!

Canadian Tire sells it although $2 cheaper at Walmart; if the shelvs aren't bare by now .

It brought me many a buck this year , including my "hog" of a 12 point this season.

Good luck!

oneshot........

[imImageg][/img]

[imImageg][/img]

[iImagemg][/img]
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !