holy cow what a difference...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gamikatsu

holy cow what a difference...

Post by Gamikatsu »

shooting lumenok branded bolts, wi th flat lumenoks. originally didn't shoot worth crap with my G5 montecs and original 4" vanes... note the original 4" vanes were VERY soft... , but flew great with field points. so go to archery shop, have them refletch with 2' blazers... HOLY COW... amazing. they shoot great past 50 yards... grouping is better, flight is better, everything. i can now shoot 3 or 4 different types of 100 grain broadheads all to same POI out to 50 yards. carrying my beloved Montecs everywhere i go now, instead of the rage's.
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
Louvp

Re: holy cow what a difference...

Post by Louvp »

I know its unbelievable. I was having trouble getting my Muzzy 125 BHs to fly consistently,I refletched with the Blazers & now my BHs hit the same hole as the FPs.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
Crossbow225lb

Post by Crossbow225lb »

I have no faith in the rage, I've just heard to many negative comments.

Crossbow225lb
-DEER CRUSHER-
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good to hear the Blazer vanes are making for a better shooting experience. Lots of folks on here use them and are very happy with them also.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
goosesmasher

Post by goosesmasher »

I'm pretty new at this game so I'm sorry for asking but what is the difference between the two types of vains?

Goose smasher
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

I use nothing but 5 in feathers with a slight right helical twist; I also use brass inserts for better foc; have used muzzy's with great success but switching to slick tricks; use fixed blade BH's for tight hunting quarters and use exspandables for more open terrain; I use the spitfires and grim reapers with devastating results;

Goose,

Blazer vanes are only 2 inches long and are used by many to more stablize BH flight; the other vanes mentioned are usually 4 or 5 inches in length; if we can help you in ANY way please let us know; alot of very smart people here ( definately not me ) that are more than willing to help. there is no such thing as a dumb question; hope this helps.
goosesmasher

Post by goosesmasher »

Thanks Xbowholic! I was wondering how the shorter vanes would stabilize the bolts better with a broadhead? It does make sense to me.I would have thought the longer vanes would work better.I think I will have to try one out for next year but my set up is shooting great right now and with less then two weeks left in the season I won't switch now.

Goose smasher
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

It is amazing how great the Blazers are. I used to shoot 4 inch vanes until I started using the Blazers. I fletch my own arrows and they stick really well also and are very durable. I can group out to 50 yards without any problems with field points and 3 blade Rages. That combination had put 4 deer down already this year. Good Luck Hunting
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

What the Blazers lose in length, they make up for in height. Blazers need some offset or helical for fixed blade broadheads. Because of their shortness, they need a little more offset or helical to obtain the desired amount of spin than the longer vanes.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

goosesmasher wrote:I'm pretty new at this game so I'm sorry for asking but what is the difference between the two types of vains?

Goose smasher
Diff in vanes, Blasers & Fusions & another couple makes being short isn't the key, they're stiffer & some have abit more vane heigth. Most of the 4 & 5 vanes are softer & are prone to airflap issues. The material used in Blasers & Fusions is stiffer but flexible. Feathers will lay down nicely & they're stiff because the small inner vane part doesn't flap sideways as do longer vanes. Feathers just don't like any type of moisture
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
goosesmasher

Post by goosesmasher »

Thank you all for those answers!

Goose smasher
Dash

Post by Dash »

Although the blazers are a thicker and stiffer vane than most 4-5"vanes, they survive being pulled through tight targets well without deforming like other types of fletching I've used. They are good quality vanes, and work well with field points or Broadheads. The "" EZ bolt" fletching tool makes them even better value with the strong helix, and a very quick fletching job.