Ticks..... GRRRRRR

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Re: Ticks..... GRRRRRR

Post by Woody Williams »

I posted this on another thread too.

For ticks I bought from Tractor Supply a 32 ounce bottle of Carpenter Ant and Termite Killer in concentrate for $16. It has 13.3 percent permethrin in it. I can mix up almost 6 gallons of tick spray at the .5% level that is in Duranon, Sawyer's and Permanone.

LOTS cheaper.....Cheap enough to spray insides of the blinds... I sprayed inside and out of my turkey blinds and my clothing this last turkey season and never picked the first tick off of me out of 17 days of hunting.

My taxidermist uses the same formula for spraying down critters brought into his shop.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
bigredopie

Re: Ticks..... GRRRRRR

Post by bigredopie »

REI (US version of Mountain Equipment CO-OP) also sells Permethrin in 32oz bottles that is ready to spray on clothing. Just make sure it is dry before you put the clothes on as it can burn the skin. What is not covered by clothing i use the strongest DEET product I can find. Between the 2 it seems to keep the critters at bay.

I would not use it on animals as it can also burn them and make them sick if they lick it off their fur.

I use frontline or k9 advantage to keep the ticks off my dogs but results do vary.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em