Gold Tip Lazer II's ( Need some Help)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Gold Tip Lazer II's ( Need some Help)

Post by Hester0305 »

I sighted my new Vortex in today when the rain finally broke from 20 to 50 yards with Gold Tip Lazer II's, that weigh 407 grains with a 100 gr. pt. Several of these arrows wouldn't group with the rest of my arrows. I was shooting from my bench and holding very steady. They have the stock 4 inch fletching it looks like its fletched straight. I was thinking of about buying some more arrows, because I really don't like having to put some aside. Is this common with these arrows or with crossbow arrows.

Thanks,
Eric
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
georgiaboy

Re: Gold Tip Lazer II's ( Need some Help)

Post by georgiaboy »

I'm shooting the carbon firebolts fletched 4 degree right offset...haven't had a real problem with flyer's. Dead nutz out to 50yds 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Thanks Georgiaboy, who makes those?
Stryker Katana 360
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Hester0305 wrote:Thanks Georgiaboy, who makes those?
Excalibur!!! :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup thats the way they're. .005 + or - & .337 OD & .300 ID isn't the most stable carbon arrow made. The older ones were better than these newer ones. I am fairly sure i won't buy anymore GT II's. I have flyers at 20 yds 30 yds & 40 yds, i call them my junk arrows :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
frisky

Post by frisky »

When I sight in, I use one arrow only. When I hunt I use THAT arrow. I depend on the other 3, I carry for emergency's. :lol:
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
masboy

Post by masboy »

it,s common with all arrows I,ve tested if your after pinpoint acurracy. just like vixenmaster said . some are junk and don,t shoot the same place no matter what I do. I have some gt11s that shoot as good as any of my best shooting super slam arrows but not very many. it,s hard too find arrows that shoot the exact same place out of a dozen of any arrows. I find the super slams and xx75s have a lot less flyers than the gt11
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

I was using the firebolts that came with my Axiom & they flew great with the FPs but when I tryed my Muzzy 125 3 blade BHs I was getting very in consistent flight,so much so that I would not go hunting till I fixed the problem. I checked everything possible,did the spin test & they were spinning perfect. So I refletched my arrows using 2" Bohning Blazers,& I could not believe the difference. My BHs now hit the exact same hole as the FP's.I would try the Bohning Blazers before I trashed the arrows.I installed the Blazers with a helical & slight offset. I know alot of others have had similar experience with the Blazers. I also mark my arrows so I can tell if it's just one arrow thats flying crazy or if it s all of them.I too like to pick my best flying arrow & use that to hunt with,although all my arrows seem to fly pretty much the same,not much difference in them. The Blazers fixed the problem so good that I was able to shoot my first deer with my new Axiom right thru the heart. Good Luck
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

Hester0305 wrote:Thanks Georgiaboy, who makes those?
easton for excalibur :wink: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I make my own high FOC arrows with smallish vanes, using GT Lazar II shafts, 110 gr brass inserts and 2" Blazer or Fusion vanes, set at right helical. My 'flyer ' days are long gone with these. Have found that fletcing uniformity is very important. A slight loose end on just one vane will affect flight, as will an out of place vane. For some reason, longer vanes seem to be more prone to affecting flight.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

This could be a number of different issues.

I didn't get very good results with the straight fletching. If conditions are right , then the straight vanes are good with field tips. After that, they just are not real stable.

I've only owned 18 GT II's and I did get them all to group within 3" at 40 yards. However, I ended up fletching them with 2" Blazers with a helical twist.

I've made a lot of adjustments over the years and NONE of the adjustments make a LOT of difference. However, the sum of them made a GOOD bit of difference.

In all likelihood, your shooting technique is the reason for the inconsistant flight. Human error is the number one variable . . .not just with you, but, with everyone.

Keep your eye on the target looking through the scope or on the peep until you see the arrow in the target(keep your head down). Follow through is extremely important.

Take the same rest, off the same material . . .everytime.

Anchor the stock against your shoulder, in the same spot . . .everytime.

Put your cheek in the same spot . . .everytime.

You get the drift . . .if your can be humanly consistant, then you are most likely going to have consistant shots.

It's too easy to blame the arrows, the bow, the deer . . .it's hard to develop good shooting habits.

On a good note . . .develop good shooting habits with your bow and you will NEVER miss with your rifle.

I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong in your shooting . . .just saying, in general . . .human error is the most common of problem and the hardest to fix.

It's easy to tighten all the bolts, re-fletch the arrows or get new arrows.

Oh . . .if you use only one arrow, then it could be a bad arrow and the ONLY arrow your bow will shoot accurately. :lol:

Best to number the arrows and see which numbers are shooting good and which numbers are shooting bad. Also, mark the vanes. If you can't determine that it's consistantly the same bad arrows, then it's probably the shooter.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
GGC

Post by GGC »

A lot of good responses and they all add up to excellent arrow flight. Don't trash the arrows. Get them spinning with what ever you choose, offset vanes, helical, quik spins, quik fletch quik spins, you get the idea. Larger broadheads need more spin to shoot well. Try some of the changes amd you will be satisfied.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Thanks for all the responses, seems like a lot of people have had issues with these arrows. I will try to refletch them before I give up on them. I always mark my arrows even with my compound since I shoot 3D all spring and summer long this seems to be a must some arrows fly a little better than others.

For the people that fletch their own arrows, I have a fletching jig for my arrows for my compound how will this work on my crossbow arrows since it doesn't have a nock, do that make something to go into the back of the arrow so you can fletch.

Thanks
Eric
Stryker Katana 360
masboy

Post by masboy »

I use my bitz jig most for everything.I just take a fieldpoint and glue a nock on the tip works great. just screw on the back of the arrow.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Thats a great idea I will try that

Thanks
Stryker Katana 360