Awesome Warranty!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

marlinchester

Awesome Warranty!

Post by marlinchester »

First off congratulations to the folks at EX-cal for such awesome service and rock solid warranty. Discovered a cracked lib on my 07 exomax and had a new pair on in about a week. Archers nook in London took care of everything. They are a great bunch of guys down there too. I would highly recommend them to anybody in the area for anything archery related.
Problem is i lost about 25-30 fps with my new limbs.Chrony tested my bow with a flemish fast flight string against a new off the rack exomax using same arrow. Further testing on the 20 yd indoor range confirmed bow was shooting slower and elevation adjustments were necessary. All things being equal they should be very close in speed. The only difference is my factory second limbs. All in all I am not a speed freak but I did pay top dollar for the fastest cross-bow. What do you guys think? Love my ex-cal and no intention of jumping ship or discrediting these guys but do you think I should look deeper into what is slowing my bow down. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
Hope everyone had a merry Christmas and has good luck in 2012!
vixenmaster

Re: Awesome Warranty!

Post by vixenmaster »

Take yer Bow back to Archers Nook & have another set of limbs put on. Mind yer shooting 350 gr arrows correct ? Arrows must be that light to reach stated fps! Also make sure yer FFF string is just that & not the # 2097 Dacron Flemish string!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

marlinchester wrote: Problem is i lost about 25-30 fps with my new limbs.Chrony tested my bow with a flemish fast flight string against a new off the rack exomax using same arrow.
Hope everyone had a merry Christmas and has good luck in 2012!
I agree, take the bow back and have the nook guys look the bow over and see if it was reassembled correctly and check the string.

Is the string the same one that was with the old limbs?
If it's a new string, it will have to be shot in.
Brace height is another consideration. When I find the best location for mine I mark it for future reference. I believe that every bow has it's own sweet spot. Change the limbs and that will change as well.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day, mate what make's you say factory second limbs? this company would not do that & which chrono did you do the test with? there is a huge diffrence in models l can tell you. your new limbs should as the old ones have a number on each limb which makes them an equal (pair) set of limbs that are matched & tested, make no mistake of that, as the crew said just take them back if your not happy...
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
TPM

Post by TPM »

Does your '07 bow have a straight or angled riser?
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Did you use the same chron? +- 10-15% error is quite common not just between chrons but with same one under different conditions.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

With all the handling once the limbs are removed, is it possible the scope was knocked out of alignment?

It's hard to get the Excalibur posted speed, that's why I don't get overly excited about it.

When looking at their speed chart or arrow selection chart, keep this in mind.

Test conditions were as follows:

Temperature 72 degrees F.
Chronograph Double window @ 3 ft. from bow.
Arrows 4" vanes 100 & 150 grain tips

Their velocity stated is with a 350 grain arrow.
That is one skinny arrow!!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
marlinchester

Post by marlinchester »

I will go back to the shop and Yes it is an angled riser with proper brace height etc.etc etc I am telling you that using the same chrony, same arrow, same exomax frame and riser my bow with a factory ffs and replaced limbs is shooting 25-30fps slower than a new on the shelf exomax using regular factory string and an S5 system. Not totally identical bows but same frame and riser. The guys at the shop were very helpful but just as puzzled.
Thanks for all the input but maybe I will just quit beating this dead horse and GO HUNTING :twisted:
Still shoots hard and fast had it out today punching 20" 2119's with a rage 100gr practise head through a black hole target at 20 yards.
Very disappointed that one of the replacement limbs has lots of cracks in the finish. The guys at the shop told me this is normal for factory replacements and it is only the the camo finish.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

marlinchester wrote:I will go back to the shop and Yes it is an angled riser with proper brace height etc.etc etc I am telling you that using the same chrony, same arrow, same exomax frame and riser my bow with a factory ffs and replaced limbs is shooting 25-30fps slower than a new on the shelf exomax using regular factory string and an S5 system. Not totally identical bows but same frame and riser. The guys at the shop were very helpful but just as puzzled.
Thanks for all the input but maybe I will just quit beating this dead horse and GO HUNTING :twisted:
Still shoots hard and fast had it out today punching 20" 2119's with a rage 100gr practise head through a black hole target at 20 yards.
Very disappointed that one of the replacement limbs has lots of cracks in the finish. The guys at the shop told me this is normal for factory replacements and it is only the the camo finish.
MATE THATS ABSOLUTE NOSENCE ABOUT THE CRACKS, MATE THEY ALL HAVE SMALL AIR HOLES, THERE RED HOT AT ONE STAGE, MATE JUST GO TO ANOTHER SHOP & PLEASE DONT DEAL WITH FOOLS, OK & PLEASE SAY THAT THOSE COMMENTS COME FROM ME & IF THEY DISAGREE TELL THEM TO ASK THE SAME QUESTION TO THE COMPANY..REGARDS FRANK P.S IF THEY DONT HAVE THESE SMALL AIR HOLE (CRACKS) MATE YOUR LIMBS WOULD BLOW APART INFACT DASH IN AUSTRALIA WILL TELL YOU THAT HIS LIMBS WERE PERFECT (WERE) THEY ENDED UP SHATTERED BUT THEY DID LOOK PERFECT REAL SMOOTHE AH & VERY LITTLE SMALL (NONE) CRACKS AS YOU CALL THEM,
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
marlinchester

Post by marlinchester »

I will take some pics next time I am bored.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Check to see if your rail got swapped out on you, no way that much fps diff is in the limbs.
"Eze 18:21"
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Looked at my limbs through a magnifying glass.
Surface has lines in it for sure.
Both limbs on the front, hardly any on the riser side.

On mine it looks like the limbs have thrown the finish off and not cracks at all. At least no visible cracks I could identify.

I'm glad it's a good waranty.
Dash

Post by Dash »

Just put a replacement limb set on and have the same prob. Equinox is showing 300FPS through the chrono with a super flemish string and a 470gr arrow. Chrono seems to be OK, as changing a string or arrow weight gives the expected FPS changes I had before.
I'll wait for blackjack to get back and double check it through his chrono before I jump to any conclusions.
Theres a few more things I can check out yet to narrow it down.
(Update) I've just changed the chrono battery and tried the chrono outdoors then indoors to make sure the light wasn't changing things, but got same results.
marlinchester

Post by marlinchester »

Dash,
were your new limbs replaced under warranty or purchased as replacements?
marlinchester

Post by marlinchester »

These are the cracks in the finish I am talking about. Only left limb has them. ImageImage
Click on the photo for more detail.
Last edited by marlinchester on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.