AZ EZ fletch, Which One?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

NCXbowHuntr

AZ EZ fletch, Which One?

Post by NCXbowHuntr »

OK folks those of you using the arizona ez fletch which one are you using?

I am planning to use the 4 months to turkey season to start tweaking. I plan to stick with firebolts (as i have about a dozen to play with) and refletch with the 2" boehning's everyone love so much. I may try some carbon express maxima's as well.

Any advise would be helpful!
Tony K.
Formerly known as "New2Xbow"
http://www.NCGunRights.com
"Gun Laws Only Limit the Law Abiding!"

Axiom SMF
Lumenok Firebolts
X-Act Broadheads
Normous

Re: AZ EZ fletch, Which One?

Post by Normous »

The AZ EZ Bolt is perfect in all regards using the 2" Blazers.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Dash

Post by Dash »

enormous wrote:The AZ EZ Bolt is perfect in all regards using the 2" Blazers.
I agree with the EZ bolt.
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I use the model for aluminum arrows with a 4 degree right offset.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I use the RH helical cause i shoot both 2" & 3" vanes
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

mchurch wrote:I use the model for aluminum arrows with a 4 degree right offset.
Same here. I have fletched just about everything from 2" Bhoning Blazers to 5" feathers with mine without a problem.

Interestingly there has been very little difference between the vast majority of the different fletchings I have played with.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I have rt hand helical on the advice of Danny. While the 2" intrigues me, just not enough to buy a 2nd, I like being able to do 4" + length vanes.

IIRC, and I probably don't, lol, you can get diff arms for which ever unit you have. Even though you may be fletching carbons, get the alum model, it handles 22/64th stuff.
"Eze 18:21"
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have the aluminum 4 degree offset one and have fletched 4" Quickspin vanes with it and have not seen a huge difference. Maybe because I was always re-fletching flyers in an attempt to bring them in. Interestingly though, I just bought some Quickspin Quickfletch 3" crossbow" vanes yesterday and gave them a quick try (raining). They seem to work pretty well - just expensive - but they looked to give me better performance (hit very close to the FP hole) than I got before on some Horton Carbon Strike bolts with 125gr. Muzzy 3-blades. I'm planning some extensive testing today. The Quickfletches do not have much offset at all - so I was looking at buying the Straight arms for my EZ fletch and buying some loose 3.125" Quickspin vanes if I can find them if all goes well today. The NAP website says to fletch Quickspins straight or at a 1 to 3 degree offset.
My main goal is to be able to use all the stuff I have collected over the years rather than let it just collect dust. I buy enough stuff as it is since I hunt from the ground. Pass throughs are generally gone unless they hit a tree or something. I have a bunch of Horton bolts I am trying to use up, and have had trouble getting great performance. One thing though, shoot at 30 or 35 yards to see what is going on for real. ALmost everything looks good at 20.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i think people like the 3 vanes at a time the EZ fletch does :wink: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Tennessee Tom

Post by Tennessee Tom »

I only have the Bitizenberger ,, and really love the helical that I can get with the 2 " vane out of both my bows they shoot lite's out almost as good as my 10/22 ,, But the archery shop owner that I really give credit 2 Richard Dorah from Hayti Mo showed me a arrow that he did with the EZ fletch looked very impresive more helical than I put on ... And three at a time ,,,, Richard sell's EXCALS 2 along with other verticle bow equip...
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Hey, Tom:

The AZ-EZ in rt hand helical is advertised as 8 degrees. After reading bout 3-4 degrees offset, I did a visual comparison on known[4" vanes] 3-4 and my 2" Blazers done w/ rt hand helical. I couldn't see much diff.

The rt hand helical seems [from my reading] to somewhat be blamed for arrow fps loss as range increases. Suspect that's true w/ longer vanes or feathers.

I've never done research on this, as I will take accuracy over speed on any given day. I'm also of the opinion other combo's do as well as mine, if not even better, I just reached my level of satisfaction where I'm at, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

that's why i'm thinking of 4 degree rt offset on my arrows instead of the straight fletch they are now....i like the high FOC of my 550gr arrows and no arrow spin which doesn't really slow my arrows down at longer distances....thinking of going 4 degree rt and drop 50gr off arrow weight to 500gr total weight, my thought is give it a bit of spin since i'll lose some FOC :wink: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

I bought the one for aluminum(green) right helical then when they came out with the one for crossbows and 2" vanes I just bought the arms to replace. They have some serious twist. I love it
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS