Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Ont_Excal

Re: New Here, Just Sayin' Hi

Post by Ont_Excal »

IronNoggin, kind of sums up the way I feel first thing wwhen I wake up.
Welcome aboard from one canuck to another!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Welcome!

Nice to see more & more posters from the western provinces - God's Country! :)
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
nybowbum

Post by nybowbum »

Welcome! I'm a new member too but seems like it's a great bunch of people here. Got my crossbow for Christmas so deer seasons over here but I did get to sight it in and shoot a little. Can't wait to try it out on some game. Good luck with yours.
Axiom SMF
Firebolt Carbons
Excalibur 2.5 x32 Scope
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Welcome, This is a great forum with lots of experienced people and knowledge to help if you need it when it comes to crossbows. They are a great help.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

WOW! That THAT's a Warm Welcome!! :D

Many Thanks Folks! I can well see that this is a place I will ENJOY hanging around in!
Boo wrote:Welcome! Where in Alberta do you guide?
Depends on the species. Our Muley hunts are in the Southern part of the Province, based on jet boat excursions on the South Saskatchewan River. Remote, with a military base (NO Hunting Area) on one bank, and very limited access to the river breaks (NO leaving trails) Private (Cattlemen's Assc.) Lands on the other. GREAT producer of B&C heads. Like this one my Pa took a couple years back, after passing several that would have bested his score!

Beautiful Country with the majority of the bucks falling to Old Age rather than a rifle or bow...

Given the condition of my left shoulder, I'll be applying for a permit to use the Excalibur there (Alberta doesn't allow crossbows except for medical exclusions). Hopefully have a little something to post about in this regard next fall...

Whitetail and elk hunts are West of Edmonton a ways into the foothills. Quite a few Biggies abound there! Hardest part as a guide is to keep the clients from shooting the first Northern Whitetail they run across "They're ALL so damn big"! LOL!

Fella on the left did just that a few years back. from the look on his face seeing the others taken, methinks he won't make that mistake again! LOL!

A few decent elk around there too...

More to come...
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

agingcrossbower wrote:Welcome to he forum. like to hear more about your guiding service.
Those hunts pretty much cater to US and European Hunters, but we see the odd Canadian from time to time. Although a tad pricey, our success rates keep us booked up generally a season or two in advance.

The Fishing takes place out of Ucluelet on Vancouver Island. Past few years the fishing here has been nothing short of INCREDIBLE!

Here's a few random shots...

Our trips take place onboard the REAL Rolls Royce rigs of the Sea: 28 foot Grady White Sailfish's with 450 ponies on the stern!

All of our guests have a LOT of FUN, and most are repeaters when it comes to getting out there with us! VERY Enjoyable "Work"!

Continued...
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

A few more random shots...

Ma's Biggie, a few years back, Largest NT Muley ever taken by a Woman in Canada!

Guess you can say It Runs In The Family! LOL!

Big Muskox I took in the NWT:

Nice Vancouver Island Blacktail:

B&C Island Bear:

Packin' another boo in the Arctic...

Between the guiding gigs I manage to keep occupied raising Wolf Hybrids, hitting the range, and chasing down steelhead in the local rivers:

Keeps me near broke all the time, but DAMN HAPPY! LOL!

Again Folks, Many Thanks for the Warm Welcome! I am certain to have questions about the crossbow, and it VERY much looks like I've found the Right Place to ask them! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
frisky

Post by frisky »

WELCOME. Nice pictures! :D :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Awesome photos, Nog!!! First dog was a wold hybrid - I called her Skeena. :) My first deer was a mulie doe in Alberta - Milk River country. I miss those big places out west.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Welcome to the forum IronNoggin. Glad you found us. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

VixChix wrote:First dog was a wold hybrid - I called her Skeena. :)
Cool! Incredible Companion Animals, very much the Walking Einstein's of the dog world!
Been raising and working with these hybrids for 30+ years now. Simply cannot find a more Loyal, Trustworthy nor Intelligent "dog" out there!

This is Asuilu ("Probably" in Western Arctic Inuit)

She is 1/2 Arctic Wolf, 1/4 German Shepherd and 1/4 Lab. Beautiful (and KNOWS it! LOL!) she is my Missuz' constant companion and our Little Princess.

This one is Amaruq ("Wolf" in the same language) also known as "Boogs":

He is 1/2 Timber Wolf & 1/2 Alaskan Husky. My Big Boy, runs a little better than 150 pounds. Loves to accompany me while fishing the rivers and has developed into a most excellent Blood Trailer (located 3 "lost" deer this past season).

Love my Buddies, and will never be without! :mrgreen:
My first deer was a mulie doe in Alberta - Milk River country. I miss those big places out west.
Ahhh... Milk River Ridge! Remember it most Fondly. Acquired my education there (Lethbridge) an overly long period of time ago (now retired marine biologist). Hunted that area HARD for pheasants (still miss them terribly!) and mulies! Been a spell since I've been back, but plan to one of these falls - pheasants will be HIGH on the Agenda! :twisted:

Again Folks, Thanks for the warm Welcome. Already learning LOTS by reading the posts here!

Cheers,
Nog
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

GORGEOUS "dogs" Nog! Not for everyone, but they certainly can be special. Not sure they're even allowed (officially) around here. I remember in the last 80's or 90's a guy had some here in town and had a great deal of grief over having them. Certainly not a type of dog to be taken lightly or owned as a novelty... but I guess that goes for any kind of animal we assume responsibility for. :)

Enjoy all your photos - keep posting them! We're headed into the slow time on the forum between deer and turkey season and it's great to be able to spend the time getting to know members better.