Bugs Build along

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

taz3

Re: Bugs Build along

Post by taz3 »

agingcrossbower wrote:Thought I'd give you all a thumb updated pic. Hand modeling career is down the tubes and I must have touched a nerve because the area is numb. DARN! :wink:
Sorry about the fuzzy pic but its hard holding and taking the pic. You really did not want to see it closely anyway. :D
Be careful out in the cold, frostbite can sneak up quick with the thumb being away from the other digits when they're in mitts or gloves.

Back to the regularly scheduled program; :roll: It is great to follow this build, being to fabrication of all sorts really adds to the appreciation of your talent and skill.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

agingcrossbower wrote:Thought I'd give you all a thumb updated pic. Hand modeling career is down the tubes and I must have touched a nerve because the area is numb. DARN! :wink:
Sorry about the fuzzy pic but its hard holding and taking the pic. You really did not want to see it closely anyway. :D
If you ever get fingerprinted they will want to know why you tried to ALTER your prints.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Flightattendent I have nothing to hide, nothiing, NOTHING I tell you. :lol: :lol:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Thats your story and your stickin' to it!
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

The area is likely numb from the trauma suffered during the grinding process. Just keep applying the vit e.

The feeling will come back as the nerves regenerate.
Been there done that!

Now on with the show! :mrgreen:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
bugs

Post by bugs »

You healed nicely Mike and there is still plenty of thumb to work with next time, one more after that though and you are in trouble :wink:
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

You never know how important your fingers and thumbs are untill ya hurt one ...The Stock is looking real sweet Aging
agingcrossbower

Gorilla glue a piece of ebony on the tip of the stock.

Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I'm glad to see the thumb is healing great. I wondered how you was doing with it and how many times you have bumped it so far
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
agingcrossbower

Here it is, just gives a little accent;

bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

ok we know ya hurt yer thumb, but ya don't need it in any more pictures :lol: ....i'm liking the different woods as acsent pieces :wink: ....bit me thinking now for my laminated stock i have planned, thx.........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
agingcrossbower

bob1961 wrote:ok we know ya hurt yer thumb, but ya don't need it in any more pictures :lol: ....i'm liking the different woods as acsent pieces :wink: ....bit me thinking now for my laminated stock i have planned, thx.........bob

Feelin a little light headed there Bob. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, no more pics of the thumb. :D
agingcrossbower

Clamped down the butt plate which is also ebony.

bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

more accent wood very nice :wink: ....
agingcrossbower wrote:Feelin a little light headed there Bob. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, no more pics of the thumb. :D
nah that's not gonna git me light headed as when i sliced my index finger and thumb to the bone with a brand new broadhead needing 6 stiches each....can you say bleeding real good from one of those things :lol: ....started going into blood lose shock in bout 3 minutes :shock: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Is that ebony hard to find? Expensive? Gary