Heard some news yesterday

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Heard some news yesterday

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
Heard some news yesterday and oh I am BOILING. I have always had a good hunting spot on my land for hunting. For the last couple of years, the deer come around before the season opens and all at once all the action stops completely. I have always believed from what I had seen and now heard through the grape vine from a very reliable source, I might add, that my area was contaminated each season. Never have I bothered any body else. And my nephew has been a pain in my side for the last 6 or 7 seasons. Jealous because I had no problem getting a deer on my on land so he needs to screw up my hunting site. If he would only listen and stay in his spot where we both knew the deer were coming for him he would get his deer. Well for the last couple of years he has finally settled down and gets his deer, most of time a couple deer. Never any words said. But still has to screw my site up. Well now that I know for sure what has been happening, all the gloves are off. No more helping him in anyway at all. Even if I could afford to now I wouldn't anymore. All the times I helped him when I could. What do you think I should do? Approach him and let him know what I know now or just let him be? He is not bright enough to even to be a man, as far as I'm concerned. A liar and a thief he is. I know that for a fact because after I was helping him when I was better off financially and physically he turns around and steals my lawnmower. When I approach him about that he tries to lie his way out of that. Do I decide an eye for eye, and screw his site up or due I just leave it at that. And move my Homemade Tower stand to a new area on my land? Most likely I am better off moving my tower stand piece by piece, to a new hidden area that is a heavily treed area on my lot so he cannot see it. When I say piece by piece, I mean unscrewing and unbolting every piece so I can move all the lumber to a certain spot along my wood road with my four wheeler. I can get help from my son and friends to carry the lumber in and put it back together while he is gone lobster fishing for a few days at a time before he comes ashore. So disappointing to hear that, cannot even trust your own family sometimes.
Raymond
Xbowkiller

Re: Heard some news yesterday

Post by Xbowkiller »

I would leave that stand there and build another one or two. Move it he will find it anyways.

My cousin owned 243 acres. Dad and I used to hunt it and would always get a deer each. Then cousin said we could not hunt the front half of the bush anymore so we hunted the back half where he said. We got deer there and he didn't so he outright kicked us off his land all together. Live in the same town and have not spoke a word to him or his family in 15 years. Are you sure you want that?
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

DO what beer nutz said and leave it at that. Now that the cat is out of the bag maybe it will stop. You are the bigger man ray, even though youay want to do more it's best just to let it go or it will eat you up.

Charge him if you catch him on your property again to the fullest extent!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
TYE

Post by TYE »

What exactly did he do? I'm confused...
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

2 wrongs never make it right so personally i wud get undeniable evidence if possible then go to the police
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

TYE wrote:What exactly did he do? I'm confused...
For the last two seasons I begin to see deer come to my site and just before the season starts, it all stops. He is putting stuff around my site to keep the deer away. He has built a stand not very far from my property line and he shots more than one and I never say a word. I knew something was going on and now IO heard from a really reliable source that he has been using oils and all kinds of crap and this season he add moth moth balls to his arsenal. I will leave it there and try and nail him with some pictures for evidence. I will make a comment that my camera is no good and will hide it really well. Thanks for your answers and I will get the evidence I need and then press charges. If I can catch him putting any petroleum products out the Department of the Environment will really take him for a ride. I heard about a similar case and boy did that fellow get in big trouble. I will keep you all informed with any progress.
Thank you for all the responses.
Raymond
strum

Post by strum »

that sux Ray..Im sorry your having to deal with that kind of garbage..hope you get it on camera..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
rayman

Post by rayman »

Seems that there always has to be something. Pretty much anywhere I have hunted there has been at least one person that gets overly jealous, greedy, or whatever. When it is a family member or person that you have helped in the past it gives you a rotten fealing.

I have a cousin I haven't spoken to in about 15 years for the same reason too. I heard over Christmas that he fell from his stand and got busted up pretty bad. Karma?!

If your situation is like the ones I've had in the past, there's no point in trying to have a reasonable conversation about it because he is probably not going to be rational and the situation is just going to escalate. You may have an idea whether it would be worth a try or not. To me, getting the law involved has always been the last resort with family and aquaintences though. If your property and his are seperated by a property line, you could run a barbed wire fence and post the heck out of it. That would get the point across.

I own a 20-acre parcel that is in a good area and I hunt it a few times a year, but I do have better places to hunt. The adjacent landowner recently put up a high fence around his, which mostly negates my 20 acres as a hunting property. There have been multiple times I could have shot deer on his side of the fence and didn't. I think some people just go through life bitter.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

rayman wrote:Seems that there always has to be something. Pretty much anywhere I have hunted there has been at least one person that gets overly jealous, greedy, or whatever. When it is a family member or person that you have helped in the past it gives you a rotten fealing.

I have a cousin I haven't spoken to in about 15 years for the same reason too. I heard over Christmas that he fell from his stand and got busted up pretty bad. Karma?!

If your situation is like the ones I've had in the past, there's no point in trying to have a reasonable conversation about it because he is probably not going to be rational and the situation is just going to escalate. You may have an idea whether it would be worth a try or not. To me, getting the law involved has always been the last resort with family and aquaintences though. If your property and his are seperated by a property line, you could run a barbed wire fence and post the heck out of it. That would get the point across.

I own a 20-acre parcel that is in a good area and I hunt it a few times a year, but I do have better places to hunt. The adjacent landowner recently put up a high fence around his, which mostly negates my 20 acres as a hunting property. There have been multiple times I could have shot deer on his side of the fence and didn't. I think some people just go through life bitter.
With him there is no chance of having a rational discussion with him. I helped him when he was going through some rough times financially, I wasn't that well off but I had enough to share and then he steals from me and I confronted him about it and he finally admitted it and I let it go at that. I should have called the cops then I guess but I didn't. But if I catch him this time I definitely will. If my health is good enough next year I will not hunt on my land or anywhere around here. I have a sister with 50 acres way to heck in back the woods on the mountain and I will setup a spot there. There is only 1 other person that hunts in around there and he is no where's near their property. I will snap a lock on the door and abandon it for a few years and try back here on my land again later.
Raymond
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

Men have died for far less in my neck of the woods. Most of the ones that don't understand the "code" have been killed off, scared straight or are smart enough not to have been caught, yet. The code is, you don't mess with a man's kids, ol' lady, or his property.
John
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

His is nearing the end of my patiences, :( :x :shock: :roll: :?: :arrow: , :lol: .
Raymond
strum

Post by strum »

JohnDoeHunter wrote:Men have died for far less in my neck of the woods. Most of the ones that don't understand the "code" have been killed off, scared straight or are smart enough not to have been caught, yet. The code is, you don't mess with a man's kids, ol' lady, or his property.
you know why there is so many people on the earth?...its illegal to shoot em thats why :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Been thinkin' about this one most of the day...........torn between what I would want to do and my faith.....but faith has to win.

Take the high road, Ray. Nothing wrong with your plan to get evidence and press charges but retaliation will not help. As you said above, there is no reasoning with some people.

I truly hope it all works out well for you. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it does in some completely unexpected yet very cool, and interesting way.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
NCXbowHuntr

Post by NCXbowHuntr »

here in NC, it is a criminal offense to interfere with the legal harvesting of animals. He would be up for trespassing, intereference, distruction of property, and cruelty to animals as he is intentionally putting out harmful substances.

Gather evidence and press charges, if chance is given accept plea if he agrees to stay so far off property and away from you.
Tony K.
Formerly known as "New2Xbow"
http://www.NCGunRights.com
"Gun Laws Only Limit the Law Abiding!"

Axiom SMF
Lumenok Firebolts
X-Act Broadheads