excalibur storage

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bellasboss

excalibur storage

Post by bellasboss »

I am a little concerned about the recommendation to unstring your bow when not in use. None of my compounds have this recommendation and I really don't have any real times that I won't possibly want to use the crossbow. Will this shorten the life of the bow/limbs? thanks, BB
flightattendant100

Re: excalibur storage

Post by flightattendant100 »

Just dont quit using it.......Its then "in use" and you wont have to worry about unstringing it.Sometimes problems are just a matter of perspective.
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

I have had mine 3 years and have never taken the string off. Still shoots Point Of Aim. I know a lot of guys that do this, Even if you do remove the sting its no big deal to put on or off. So its up to you. Not so simple with a compound, you need a bow press.

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
timbikeride

Post by timbikeride »

"None of my compounds have this recommendation". I'd say that's because they require a press to relax the limbs which would put more work/expense on the average user. I remove the string from mine mainly because Excalibur recommends it.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Everything I've read with the stringing aid, states it's simple and quick to use, plus the are inexpensive at $29.99. Another added bonus, is it would allow you to restring your crossbow in the field too.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

mate its more for in the heat, if its hot for a good part of the year & the bow was not being used then why not, western australia is one of the hotest places on earth & l've had mine in the ute for 4 hours traveling & no problems at all..but excals l'm not using l de-string & also your strings dont stretch which they do in time..
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I unstrung my excalibur the first year I had it, but I have not done it since then. I never have any ill effects because of it. The same rules apply as they would any time of year, dont store in a hot area, and dont leave it cocked for long periods and you will be alright.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I only take my string off to reserve otherwise it is on the bow.
Tenpoint Matrix
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

I would never leave a string on a Unused bow. Limbs are Fiberglass and can be tammed to presure. Not sure what the big deal is because its easy. Take the stock and put it in your gut (waist) and lean into the limbs with one being down on carpet or carpet flooring and pull the top limb towards you and pop the string off with your thumb. Takes 10 seconds to put it back on, the same way.

This relieves the limbs allow the fiberglass to go back to a normal setting. Tie the string to the limb with a cord or twist tie to stop it from untwisting...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Bones

Post by Bones »

It is easy to do!! Just not required. I haven't lost any fps and going on 6 years strung. You have to pull the pad's if you do... Why bother?