axiom smf

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buckinnuts

axiom smf

Post by buckinnuts »

I recently bought the package and it has the vari zone scope....sited for 20 it shoots high at 30 ..40etc....I am using the firebolts and a 125 grain broadhead is that why it doesnt hit at the other yardages?...this scope does not have the compensator speed ring like on othe excalibur scaopes I saw...other than changing scope or is the 125gr broadhead too light
thanks
Mike
GO STEELERS! GO PENGUINS!...I bleed black n gold!
georgiaboy

Re: axiom smf

Post by georgiaboy »

I may be wrong but i think the chevrons on the axiom scope were spaced for use with 150gr broadheads/fieldtips...that would explain you shooting high.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Pardon my manner's...WELCOME to the forum!! :D :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
buckinnuts

Post by buckinnuts »

thanks guys I thought maybe they might be set for that but they didn't have any 150 gr broadheads at Bass pro and I was just wanting to get out and hunt so I huess I will have to order some of these
rayman

Post by rayman »

My first season with an Excal is over so guess I can say welcome to the forum. Have exact same set up. Factory 150gr field tips and boltcutter fixed bhs - same poi. Ground level or in a tree, makes no noticable difference. Snuff-can groups at 30, smaller at 20, not much bigger at 40. :)
buckinnuts

Post by buckinnuts »

thanks guys for the responses and the Welcom to the forum!...I am sure I will learn alot...just ordered a 6 pack of boltcutters.../...another question if i wanted to put a lumenok or something like that how in the world do I get out the nock out of the carbon firebolt?
HIGHBOW

Post by HIGHBOW »

Welcome buckinnuts, I just got my new Axiom a month ago and took my first doe with it just this past Friday. I have the Boltcutter broadheads and they are deadon at 20, 30, 40 yards. It really did thejob for me on that doe.
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!
NCXbowHuntr

Post by NCXbowHuntr »

For the lumenoks, i ordered some ne arrows from Danny Miller without noks, then there is no worry about not removing all the glue or messing up the carbon.

He has great pricing on the lumenoks and the arrows!

As too the scope I ended up upgrading my scope when i had to send it in on warranty to a lumi-zone/shadozone
Tony K.
Formerly known as "New2Xbow"
http://www.NCGunRights.com
"Gun Laws Only Limit the Law Abiding!"

Axiom SMF
Lumenok Firebolts
X-Act Broadheads
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

I dont think you have the VariZone scope,if you look at the scopes in Excalibur Accessories,the Varizone has the adjustable speed ring.I know my Axiom just came with a basic scope,not adjustable.but I plan to upgrade it so I can adjust it for the speed of my arrows. I upgraded my string & also use a 125 gr BH,so its shooting faster than what the basic scope is set up for.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/catalo ... sbow_scope
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I think the scope in question is a Max-zone [non adj for poi] A Vari-zone will solve your problems on elevation, you can get the stuff you want from Danny Miller [740] 483-2312, he may swap scopes for a bit of boot.

Welcome!
"Eze 18:21"
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I have the shadowzone scope on my Vortex and when I sighted mine in at 20 yards and when I went back to 50 yards my POI was about 2 inches high. I adjusted my speed ring on my scope at 50 yards until my impact was dead on and went back to 20 yards and It was still dead on. I hope this helps, if you do have the Vari- Zone scope like another post said it doesn't come with the Axiom Package.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

I shoot the Axiom SMF. My time with the bow is limited only to this season. Using pretty much everything out of the box . So far my bow zeroed at 20 yds using 125gr field points and broadheads has been minute of a fleas back side at 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 yds
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain
buckinnuts

Post by buckinnuts »

checked the scope it is the multiplex..not vari zone ....me bad ...lol