Hair Raising & Butt orfice Puckering

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Re: Hair Raising & Butt orfice Puckering

Post by Hester0305 »

Glad you made it out ok. Its hard for me to shoot a dog other than coyote, but being threatened by one is another story. You may to put a dent in that problem
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

I'm with Big58cal. Years ago while hunting with the old vbow I had a very large and not really friendly dog approach me in an extremely aggressive manner. It had no collar and was mangy looking. Now that concealed carry for personal protection in Michigan is legal, I don't leave home without it.
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain
Dash

Post by Dash »

Glad you come out of it OK mate! Bastards hey... It can be a pretty scary thing when something gets you by surprise like that.
I'd consider taking a couple down if you see them again and your prepared for it. Without the confidence to go towards them, it may be a different story for someone else. Next time it could be an old lady or kid out walking who bumps into them.
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

glad you made it ok Mike, but sometimes them dogs don,t back down..i like dogs but if i,m threatened collar or not he,s goin down..i got home from church one night to find a strange dog at my front door..i tried to bluff him and he put me back in my car..he was a big muscled rascal too with a collar..i grabbed my ruger 45colt from under the seat, i was gonna bust his head then i thought about having to haul him off, so i went to the owners house bout a mile and half away told him to come get his dog..also told him if he comes back he,s dead dog..never has come back..be careful
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I subscribe to the 3S theory on a lot of things.....

Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

I'll sometimes leave out the second S though. :wink: If no one knows about it, then you can't get ratted out about it. :wink: What I do on my own land is my own freaking business.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I've had stray dogs near me while hunting from my stands, never a pack, and never occured to me to shoot a dog just ecause it's a stray. I won't ever condone that. I don't think I would even take one out if it were chasing deer, but a pack of un collered dogs that confronted me, with teeth bared I'm opening up. Like mentioned, I couldn't live with myself if a kid were to happen upon a group of dogs like that. In a lot of cases a pack of dogs like that are far more dangerous than coyotes.

I've been bit by a pack of domestic dogs while walking out of one of the properties I hunt. The owners felt it was ok to unleash them since they were on farmland. I was mighty pissed off at the time but never did much more than give them a boot and had a few words with the owners, But what happened to vix master is entirely different . My guess is that these were domestic gone wild. Every right to take em out.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Early in December I dropped in to check up on a deer blind of mine, no bow or gun in hand. As I was walking through the woods I almost had a fawn run into me full-tilt; it didn't even see me as it zipped by within touching distance. The reason for the deer's strange behavior soon revealed itself as two big mongrel dogs (not coyotes, not coy-dogs) came up in hot pursuit.

As I jumped out and yelled at the dogs, it struck me that this might not be such a good idea :shock:. But fortunetaly for me and for the fawn, the dogs hit the brakes and took off the way they came so fast that its a wonder they didn't leave their own hides behind! :lol:
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
rayman

Post by rayman »

Pack of dogs got after me like that in South Carolina a few years ago. Had seen them from the stand earlier that morning. Slipped around looking at deer tracks during middle of the day. They saw me from across a field and took off running towards me. The lead one was about an 80 lb bulldog and when he got with 20 yards still running I didn't wait to see what there intentions were. I introduced him to Ms Browning BAR .270, and she's a mean old b-tch. The ballance of the pack bugged out.
liketoshoot

Post by liketoshoot »

choot em' x2
shoot more and shoot more often
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

WHOA!! That'd pucker me up too vixenmaster. Good call on the pump shotgun for future hunts!! :shock:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

bad deal for sure and i am glad you weren't hurt! there was a big dog problem around here when i was young and we would run into them a lot when we were in the mountains and it would scare the pants off of us.no body tied there dogs up and let them run free.now i am older and they tie them up if they want to keep them.i found an old coon hound in my garbage one morning and it had a collar on it so i tied it up and called the number on the collar and told the man i had his dog and gave it some food and water and it was tied to a post come and get it he said if he was not there in a couple of days just let it go!! i told him that i was going to work in one hour and if he was not there to get that dog by then don't worry about it i would take care of the problem.he came and got the dog but didn't seem happy about it? :lol: