New Cutting Board for Deer Jerky

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

New Cutting Board for Deer Jerky

Post by Hester0305 »

I received a new cutting board deer jerky for christmas and I'm in the process of making some deer jerky. I will marinate it for 24 hours to get the flavor that I like, then to the dehydrator to finish the job. Here is my receipe does anyone else want to share theirs.

1 12.7 oz.bottle of Allegro Hickory Smoke Marinate
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Worchester Sauce
1/2 cup Brown Sugar

If I want the jerky spicier I just add some hot sauce to my marinate and if I want a teriyaki flavor I just use a bottle of Allegro Teriyaki Marinate instead of the hickory Smoke and add the same ingredients.

I have made some very tasty jerky throughout the years but I am willing to try some others.

Eric
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Louvp

Re: New Cutting Board for Deer Jerky

Post by Louvp »

I ordered the Jerky King cutting board,the other day,waiting for it to arrive so I can try making jerky for the 1st time.I have a recipe I got from AllRecipes.com, everyone gave it good reviews I will try it once to see if I like it. Here it is

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/deer-jerky/

whats good about this site is you can change the number of servings & it will automaticly recalculate the amount of ingredients.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I checked out the recipe it looks like a good one. I really like how you can change the servings and recalculate the ingredients.

Thanks
Stryker Katana 360
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Well my jerky is done and it is wonderful, my grandson is almost 3 and he is here for a few days and he has actually eaten 4 pieces this morning. We made him his favorite blue berry waffle for breakfast but he took one bite and wanted more jerky. It sure wasn't a good breakfast for him but he was truly satisfied. It is awful that you put the work into making the jerky and when your done it only makes 4 quart baggies of meat. By the time I share with everyone it is gone before I know it. I guess I'll have to enjoy it while it lasts.
Stryker Katana 360
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

How many pounds of meat was it that gave you 4 quart bags?
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
wabi

Post by wabi »

Hester0305 wrote:Well my jerky is done and it is wonderful, my grandson is almost 3 and he is here for a few days and he has actually eaten 4 pieces this morning. We made him his favorite blue berry waffle for breakfast but he took one bite and wanted more jerky. It sure wasn't a good breakfast for him but he was truly satisfied. It is awful that you put the work into making the jerky and when your done it only makes 4 quart baggies of meat. By the time I share with everyone it is gone before I know it. I guess I'll have to enjoy it while it lasts.
Sounds like my house - no worry about long term storage and it going bad. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

How many pounds of meat was it that gave you 4 quart bags?

I didn't weigh my meat because I use the same recipe each time and I usually slice up 2 backstraps for jerky. Sometimes I have a little marinate over that doesn't soak up and thats ok because I will brush it on the meat when I switch the trays around every 4 hours.
Stryker Katana 360
Tennessee Tom

Post by Tennessee Tom »

If you want to try a diferent recipe Hi Mountian cures offer many different flavors ,, after asking forum members what to try I took advice and made 2 does into jerky and summer sausage and by using direction's my first try was very good
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I've tried some homemade and also one of the Hi Mountain ones, but my favorite is Uncle Abe's jerky seasoning.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone