Dear VixChix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: Dear VixChix

Post by wheelie »

Hey, love the duct tape look. I looks so real! They did a nice job on it. :) :)
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Hey Aging that is how you got started isent it now look how far you have come :D
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Dear Mr. P. Keg:

Having seen the video of this "KICK ARSE CROSSBOW" Ms. Vix would be sorely tempted to kick someone's arse for selling it to you (and also yours for purchasing it).

The following points cause us no small amount of concern:

DUCT TAPE?!??!? We love duct tape, but as with any good thing, there is a time & place for it, we would draw the line at using it to hold together a crossbow - no matter how "kick arse" it might be.

PVC and electrical tape?!??!
Creative, yes, but hardly "kick arse".

"... made out of a random plank I found laying in my basement" We plead with you Mr. Keg, to do everything possible in your power to keep our mutual friend Agingcrossbower from seeing what was done to that wood!

"shoots pretty freakin' far" It would seem to us that someone has a problems with estimating distance.... among other things.

"...the arrows I'm using are just bow arrows, it doesn't really matter."
To this we have no comments suitable for publication.

Don't even get Ms. Vix started on the seller's choice of footwear! :shock:

We go back to our initial advice: your arse will heal. We hope that any other injuries stemming from attempts to fire your new "kick arse" bow will heal too.

We look forward to watching you compete in the crossbow division at the next 3D tournament.

Sincerely (sincerely appalled, that is!)

Vix
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Ahahahahaha! Good stuff, that!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
TPM

Post by TPM »

Well Neil, I watched the video. Who's he trying to fool? I know a Maximus crossbow when I see one! I also know that if you come home with a new crossbow your wife is going to kick your arse farther than that arrow went. :lol:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

WOW !!!!
Shoots 40 feet . :shock: What are you going to use that string cannon for ? Rabid gerbils ? :lol:
Neil I got to ask is it worth getting your arse kicked by the wife for that ? :D
A new Excalibur is worth a week in the doghouse . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
lscha

Post by lscha »

That's the first one I've seen that puts your toes at the same risk as thumbs! :shock:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Custom Boo trigger, and a synthetic rail as well! whats not to like? :P
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

one shot scott wrote:Custom Boo trigger, and a synthetic rail as well! whats not to like? :P
Well, we'll just say that we are not the ones getting our arses kicked for buying a "kick arse" crossbow! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Dear VixChix,

Having recently been given an open door to new opportunities, I was wondering what types of stories people like reading in magazines these days, having been out of the game for a bit...maybe I should write an advice column? :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

DirtyGun wrote:Dear VixChix,

Having recently been given an open door to new opportunities, I was wondering what types of stories people like reading in magazines these days, having been out of the game for a bit...maybe I should write an advice column? :lol:
Dear Mr. Gun,

Congratulations on the new opportunities!

In regards to your question about magazine articles, the answer would depend on whether you were writing for men's or women's magazines.

For most women's magazines I recommend a decadent recipe for a fabulous calorie-laden, chocolate draped cake, followed by a health article promising unparalleled weight loss of 100 lbs in a month or two without dieting. This combination of articles is a guarantee for excellent magazine sales.

For men's magazine you'd need to use less words, more photos - preferably of big bucks, big trucks, and other big things covered with the least amount of material possible (and airbrushed for maximum enhancement).

If you decide on the advice column route, be prepared to give advice to women on emotionally charged subjects such as shopping and relationships; and to men on how to deal with wives whose priorities are drastically different from their own.

We trust this advice to be of some assistance in your pursuit of quality journalism, and we wish you much success in your endeavour!

Sincerely,
Vix
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

This advice is really getting polished. Could I rescend my dilemia for a less refined forum for fear of embarrassing mself and, weeeeell just for embarassing myself. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

agingcrossbower wrote:This advice is really getting polished. Could I rescend my dilemia for a less refined forum for fear of embarrassing mself and, weeeeell just for embarassing myself. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dear Agin,

As we used to say in the Navy, you got bum skinny. Aka, bad advice. As a lowly former carpenter, I recognized your solution right off the bat.

You deal daily in what some would term exotic woods. This must generate a huge amount of saw dust.

Just get some Skoal or Copenhagen, mix the saw dust flavor of choice w/ it, problem solved. Saw dust is notorious for sucking up moisture.

Sorry, Ms Vix, you dropped the ball on this one! :D
"Eze 18:21"
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

awshucks wrote:
agingcrossbower wrote:This advice is really getting polished. Could I rescend my dilemia for a less refined forum for fear of embarrassing mself and, weeeeell just for embarassing myself. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dear Agin,

As we used to say in the Navy, you got bum skinny. Aka, bad advice. As a lowly former carpenter, I recognized your solution right off the bat.

You deal daily in what some would term exotic woods. This must generate a huge amount of saw dust.

Just get some Skoal or Copenhagen, mix the saw dust flavor of choice w/ it, problem solved. Saw dust is notorious for sucking up moisture.

Sorry, Ms Vix, you dropped the ball on this one! :D
Awshucks, I want to thank you for the advice but for me that would only change the color of my drool cuz I can't spit worth a damn and it would end up in the same place. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I see where your going with the sawdust and I have plenty of that. Never thought of putting it in my mouth. :shock: :lol:
If the price of food keeps going up I guess I could just swallow. :shock:
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Dear VixChix
I shoot 3d courses with a fellow forum member and the last two shoots he has robbin hooded my arrows much to his delight but not so much for me :(
I shoot a perfect 10 and the next thing I know crack the end of my bolt looks like a horse tail .
We take turns going first but he has black nocks that I can not see besides he most of the time is in the 8 ring unless he has my new arrows to aim for so I have never been able to get him back or get compensation for my gear.
I do not want to get mad I just want to get even :wink: any suggestions .
Broken Bolts Michigan
Hunt eat sleep repeat.