which bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bellasboss

which bolts

Post by bellasboss »

We'll I finally pulled the pin and bought a vortex shadow scope lite stuff pkg. Now I need some advice on which bolts to supplement the bow with. I do like the excalibur/Eastons that come with the bow but am not certain if they are the way to go.

I would like to be able to put the lighted nocks in the ends for my hunting shafts so what are my options in that case?

Do most of you all prefer the excalibur/Eastons for the most part or what others and why?

Thanks for your comments and ideas, BB.
gerald strine

Re: which bolts

Post by gerald strine »

The Excal fire bolts are a good bolt and can be bought less a factory rear insert from Danney Miller and he has the proper luminock for the fire bolts.
Danny has all the accessories you will want and good prices also.
740 483 2312
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I've been using the firebolt's for going on three years now...if there good enough for Bill T, there good enough for me!! :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I'm looking at Easton FMJ Bolts - mostly for very large game. You can buy them in small quantities - like 1 from Lancaster Archery.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I shoot a Vortex too and shoot the Firebolts with great results. I installed the Lumenoks in my hunting arrows and it wasn't very difficult to do.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I don't have much knowledge or familiarity w/ Firebolts, GT's were factory when I got my 1st Excal. I've got a slew of them.

I have read a slew on the firebolts, they were designed to get more FOC w/ 150 gr points and bheads. They work well w/ the scope that comes in the Axiom packages. [And other Excals]

The most common alternative to the FB, imo, would be Gold Tips L II's w/ brass inserts which gives you more choices on bheads. Such arrow from Danny has 4" fletch and weighs about 408 gr, 400 gr when refletched w/ 2" Blazers.

He would be the guy to get prices from and talk to.

Wanted to ask: Did you get a stringing aid in LS package?
"Eze 18:21"
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

My Vortex came with Gold Tip Lazer II's as well and they shoot great, if the Firebolts group good for you with field points and your broadheads I would stick with them.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads