Has the IBEX been replaced?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Has the IBEX been replaced?

Post by Boo »

For many of the new shooters young and old a lighter bow is attractive. The price is attractive to many of the new shooters. Most crossbow hunters shoot the bow just a few times a year so the bow will last generations. But one of the most interesting things about the bow is that it was one of last years top sellers so the opponents of this bow just might be a very small minority. That last part is likely the message from the buying public to Excalibur that the SMF is the right way to go, it's what the majority of the public wants.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Buckwacker

Post by Buckwacker »

SR CHIEF thank you for your service. :P
Buckwacker

Post by Buckwacker »

I bought my wife an IBEX for Christmas. She loves it. I'm glad i got the metal rail.
Dirtypenny725

Post by Dirtypenny725 »

Just my .02. I bought the Excalibur Axiom SMF kit for a few reasons. After doing some research and talking to numerous Excalibur owners, it became apparent the company built quality products and had excellent customer service. The price of the Axiom kit (which includes everything you need to hunt except broadheads) was also at the top of my list. One of the ONLY reasons I didn't go with one of the more expensive, top of the line Excal's is because I wasn't too sure how I'd feel about a recurve crossbow and it's cumbersome nature. However, once I got that Axiom in my hands and started shooting it, all I could say is wow. Light, balanced and accurate out of the box. Simplicity at it's best. Because Excalibur offered this crossbow in a price range that wouldn't hurt my wallet too bad if I wasn't satisfied, I plan on purchasing a "top of the line, more expensive" model for myself and handing this one down to a family member. I am now also a loyal Excalibur owner and as long as they are in business, will buy their products.
chopfather

Post by chopfather »

I just ordered an alum rail ibex from wyvern creations with their excalibur crossbow pkg and I can't wait to get it ! This will be my first bow and I handled the alum rail version and saw the smf version in pics and just couldn't get past the look of the smf rail so I went for the aluminum.
I'm sure the smf version is a quality product but I plan on keeping this thing for a long time and I wanted something that was appealing to the eye and well constructed.
Member of the P.A.D. Club
Excalibur Ibex
Hawke SR Scope
Wyvern quiver mount
S5's and Dis Bars
Custom Thumbhole Vixen
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

chopfather wrote:I just ordered an alum rail ibex from wyvern creations with their excalibur crossbow pkg and I can't wait to get it ! This will be my first bow and I handled the alum rail version and saw the smf version in pics and just couldn't get past the look of the smf rail so I went for the aluminum.
I'm sure the smf version is a quality product but I plan on keeping this thing for a long time and I wanted something that was appealing to the eye and well constructed.
You will be very happy with your purchase. Congrats
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Ah 6 pgs on this Thread, thats good reading. I am an an older shooter & like many older ppl. i resist change! Excal made the Axiom 1st wid the Alum. rail, then changed it to the SMJ waffle Board set-up. I didn't like it still don't so i don't buy them. Don't matter to me wether they be the Cats Meow, & now the IBex has become a waffle board SMJ model. I just won't buy it no problem. Don't knowed if'en they be better than alum. models or last longer, i knowed what i like n don't like. I like most of Excals models & thar be many alum. railed ones being built to chose from. So i reckon with the Market covered wid a T-hole SMJ & the Axiom as regular stock they have it covered & we should see no more waffle board new models in the future!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Add me as another old fart that likes pancakes more than waffles, lol.

The Axiom package is about more than just the rail diffs. It comes w/ diff camo [cheaper to provide] Maz-Zone scope vs Vari-zone, and no DB set up. Good move on Excals part to stay competitive..........

Expect to see more of the waffles, they sold the snot out of them last year. W/ next to no problems.
"Eze 18:21"
LZbobcat

Post by LZbobcat »

Excalibur’s new SMF (synthetic mainframe) is GLASS FILLED NYLON not PLASTIC. Glass filled nylon is a super high strength, durable, heat and impact resistant composite used in high grade applications such as military weapons, assault rifles, handguns, aircraft components, automotive engine components etc, the list goes on. Handgun and assault rifle manufacturers such as HK, Ruger, Glock, and Sprinfield Armory use glass filled nylon frames. These are guns that you can bury in raw soil for 3 years, dig them up and fire them flawlessly. Excalibur knows EXACTLY what they are doing by using this material on their crossbows because it is high grade. You can find out more about glass filled nylon on Wikipedia, or just about anywhere on the Internet. Better yet, go to Bing.com hit images and type in glass filled nylon and see for your self the vast array of weapons and components are made by this material. As for the question of heat resistance, and can you put WD-40 on it, the answer is yes. This material has a melting point over 1000 degrees and is used to make intake manifolds on automobiles so you can’t hurt this material. It won’t bend, flex, chip, warp, melt, or dent.
chopfather

Post by chopfather »

I'm sure excalibur wouldn't use it if it wasn't up to the task but the choice for me was between the look of the aluminum rail and the honeycomb look of the smf rail. I just prefer the look of the alum rail so that's what I ordered. :D
Member of the P.A.D. Club
Excalibur Ibex
Hawke SR Scope
Wyvern quiver mount
S5's and Dis Bars
Custom Thumbhole Vixen
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

chopfather wrote:I'm sure excalibur wouldn't use it if it wasn't up to the task but the choice for me was between the look of the aluminum rail and the honeycomb look of the smf rail. I just prefer the look of the alum rail so that's what I ordered. :D
Yep. I would rather pay a little more for something and get what I want than to have something I'm not happy with. :wink:

It all comes down to personal preference. I like the metal rail.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I do hope that Excalibur always gives the customer a choice between the two, and I think they will. I would like to see something like a flat adapter that snaps over the sides of the smf rail to give it a flat appearance. Noise would be an issue I'm sure, but esthetics would improve, and it would be another money making add-on they could offer. Or just cast the thing in a different way. Appearances are the only reason why I would perfer a alum rail over a SMF. The material does not scare me, and a black rail is appealing too.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
TPM

Post by TPM »

All this talk about the SMF has got me wanting to try one. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

mate the ibex has gone for all money..look to the left side of this page klick on ibex then see what happens. its not there anymore, only the new smf ibex is there. its over red rover, sad but l warned of this to happen quite awhile ago, & if you think its the last model you'd be wrong my moneys on the vixen or exocet next make no mistake of that. :wink:
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I will buy another older vixen & be set fer live! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315